Removing Chewing Gum from Concrete

Any advice for removing chewing gum from a concrete path? It's awfully hot outside now and the gum is gooey. I don't have a clue as to how to remove it. Thanks.

Christine from Hatfield, PA

Several solutions: Place duct tape on the gum and the gum will stick to the tape, just keep doing it till all of it is up. OR Place a small baggie of ice on top and when it hardens, it will scrape up with a scrub brush or wire brush.

Hi Christine! I think I'd take ice and put it on top of the gum and, as it hardens, perhaps you can pull it up. You may need to use a scraper of some sort to slip under the gum and pry it loose. I hope this idea helps.

Try Goo Gone > great product, it will work.

Thank you all for the great ideas!!! I will try the ice and scraping first to see if that works. If not I'll try the goo gone stuff.

Thanks again

Christine

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 10, 2007
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2017 at 10:15:07 PM on 10.0.2.246 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.