Recipes for the Small Slow Cooker

I have just purchased a small slow cooker with a capacity of 1-5 liters. Are there any recipes for this size cooker? Or is there a method of reducing larger portion recipes? I have looked at several slow cooker recipe books, they all appear to be for large families. I am only cooking for myself.

By billyfish

Try dividing the recipe in half or customizing the "larger recipes". You can always freeze what you do not eat. I three crockpots super, small (1 1/2 qt), and Crockette (i think around 2 cups) I love my middle sized one. I make soups, pasta sauces, applesauce, dips).

There are some recipe web sites that allow you to change the portions; is a good one. I looked at one of the really tiny slow cookers and thought cute, I could make a 1/2 can of soup. Or melt chocolate for fondue.

What I suggest for at least the first couple of times using slow cooker recipes is to divide all of the original slow cooker recipe ingredients by 'Four'. (I am basing this on the size of my slow cooker and the standard recipes I use and your 1.5 liter). You can always adjust up to dividing by 1/3 after that if need be. Keep in mind that you should have, for best results, the slow cooker not less than 1/2 full and never more than 3/4th full.

Also, cooking on low for more hours rather than on high for shorter hours will make all meats more tender. For example, if a recipe says to cook on high for 4 hours then cook it on low for 8 hours.

Oh, and Allrecipes has a metric and standard calculator for each recipe and they also have quite a few slow cooker recipes :-) Hope this helps :-)

I was amazed at the quick response my question received. Google would have struggled to beat that time.

Thank you all for your help. As it happens (pjshirley), I use the site quite a lot, mainly for Halogen oven recipes. I did not have the brains to tap in slow cooker. I did so last night and was not disappointed on the outcome and copied a couple. I will try them over the next couple of weeks.

Once again, thank you and cheers!

Mini Slow Cooker Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotApril 12, 2010
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Potato Recipes
Slow Cooker Stroganoff Over Potatoes
Slow Cooker Stroganoff Recipes
Pressure Cooker with Vegetables
Pressure Cooker Recipes