Riding Mower Engine Locked Up

I was cutting grass on my rider, and it just went "pow", now the engine is locked, I can't even turn it by hand. The starter works fine, and there is oil in the engine, there is no oil leaking, what is wrong?

By Patricia from Spartanburg, SC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

My husband says the problem could be a wrist pin, a broken valve or a blown rod. Without seeing it, he feels more strongly about the wrist pin.

It may sound silly, but have you checked underneath to see if anything is lodged and keeping the blade from moving? Mine did the same thing and when I tipped it up I found a big rock in there keeping the blades from moving at all. I knocked the rock out with a hammer and it started right up!

Answer

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersNovember 7, 2009
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Running Rough
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 13, 2016 at 11:17:05 AM on 10.0.1.112 in 405 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.