Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I have a Kirby G4 and I'm wondering is there anything else I can use to shampoo other than Kirby shampoo?

By Nancy C from OH

I purchased a product called Awesome from the dollar store after reading numerous reviews about how wonderful it worked. I diluted it in a spray bottle to treat the stains before diluting it in the carpet cleaning machine & it worked great. On the bottle it clearly says it can be used in carpet cleaning machines. Then I mixed vinegar & hot water to go back over the carpet to remove any remaining soap. Even the vinegar solution pulled up a lot of dirt. I am very pleased with the results, my carpet looks new!

June 26, 2010 Flag

I have several pets and accidents are a fact of life. I have carpet throughout my house and owning a shampooer is a must. I have found the best product to shampoo my carpet with is liquid laundry detergent. I prefer the fresh smelling Gain.

The carpet is very clean and fresh and the room smells wonderful after the carpet is cleaned. I also use my fabric softer mixed with water to refresh between shampoos as a "Febreze" type mixer and spray around the house.

By Kimberly from Lakeland, FL

Answers:

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I have found that if you have to just clean a spot on carpet, use a little dish soap, vinegar, and small amount of water. Using a brush go over the spot to remove it. This works even on spots that have been there for awhile. (04/10/2010)

By WIsgal

April 8, 2010 Flag

I ran out of carpet cleaning solution, and I used liquid laundry detergent in my machine instead. I used less than a quarter of what I would have put in with a load of laundry. It worked beautifully, and was a lot less expensive.

Source: necessity, the mother of invention

By poepadoe from APO, AP

Answers:

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

Use White Distilled Vinegar. 1 part vinegar, 3 parts warm water and one drop (only one) of dishwashing detergent, and it works like magic, plus it deters pet odors and smoke odors. It works and it is so inexpensive. (06/05/2009)

By islandsage

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I use Wisk. it smells wonderful and cleans so good without all the suds. Most times when I spray the stains and let sit while cleaning other areas, the spots will be gone when I get back to them. (06/06/2009)

By kwinters

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

Hum! A lil feedback on using detergents.

#1. Make sure your carpet warranty is long and gone. othertwise you just voided it

#2. I would not use any detergents on carpet. I am sure it looks good after you clean it. Chances are within a week it starts getting dirty again. Reason is you did not neutralize the detergent in your carpet. Detergents attract dirt.

#3. Islandsage has a good formula, because vinegar cleans and kills odors. I use commercial cleaning products that have vinegar in them. They cost an arm and a leg. But it is my business. I clean and restore floors for a living.

#4. Remember back in school when you were taught PH. You have 0-14 on a ph scale with 7 in the middle. 7 is neutral (water). You want your carpet fibers to be neutral after cleaning

#5. Here is the formula for making your carpet baby-butt soft and clean, using rug doctor, hoover, bissell, etc. Always and I mean always test in an inconspicuous spot. I do on all jobs.

Go to walmart or preferrably a janitorial supply store. You can pickup some inexpensive carpet cleaning chemicals.
Get the product "Carpet Prespray" This is the most important product because it has the chemicals to clean your carpet. And it is your alkaline. Spray this product using a sprayer of some kind. Allow 5-10 minutes to dwell without drying.

Also purchase "Carpet Rinse". This is your acid to neutralize the alkaline prespray in your carpet. Acid rinse goes in your solution tank. Follow directions on labels

After you clean a section, reach down and feel the carpet. If it doesn't feel sticky, you have done a great job.
Hope this helps

(06/06/2009)

By ac-cu

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I've used rug doctor, but what a pain. This time, on my incredibly filthy carpet, in a very large bowl I mixed a solution of ammonia and water. I took a towel and a scrub brush and got down on my hands and knees. The spots came up beautifully. I used the towel to wipe and restore the nap. I don't know about restoring the acid pH, after using the base ammonia. I would take the previous post's recommendations if I were cleaning my Persian carpets, but this worked for my standard-issue beige carpet. Now, another thing is that many stains will resurface because the stains are in the mat underneath the carpet; this is where something like a rug doctor would come in handy, or a steam cleaner. However, i am 100% satisfied with my results, and it went very quickly, I didn't have to rent a machine with all the bother that entails. (06/06/2009)

By purrna2go

June 5, 2009 Flag

What solution is best to use in a carpet cleaner? I have never found any that work well.

Tina from Orange County, California

Answers:

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I myself have used regular water diluted dish soap because it takes out grease and smells good, that along with oxy clean works great! (03/16/2009)

By LAnnC

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I just use 1-2 cups of white vinegar and hot water. It makes it a lot easier because you don't have to go back over it continuously and the vinegar smell goes away when the carpet dries. (03/19/2009)

By tiffanyau

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

I use ERA laundry detergent and have gotten very good results. But as always do a test spot to make sure it works. I have berber carpet in the living room and dining room and it works fine in both. (03/19/2009)

By castleberrycc

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

Liquid laundry soap is the best just use small quantities. (03/19/2009)

By punkerjune

Cleaning Solution for Carpet Cleaner

Thank you all! These are some great ideas!

Tina from the OC (03/20/2009)

By SophiaMia

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJune 26, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🎄