Side by Side Freezer Door Not Closing Correctly

I have a Frigidaire, side by side refrigerator and I am having a problem with the freezer door. One has to make a big effort to close the door as It does not shut as freely as the refrigerator side does. What is the problem with the freezer door and how may I correct It? The gaskets are all in great condition and there Is not any food packages blocking the closing of the door. Any help regarding my question would greatly be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Mary from Mendenhall, MS

maybe you would be best helped by someone who could see the thing.

Check the hinges. Maybe something happened to one of them.

Did the floor under it shift causing the box to be off square? How about the leveling legs - did one break?

I've had that problem. Sometimes, just smearing vaseline all around your gasket on your door will help to seal it. We do this as the gasket dries out a little. Also, you might check down at the bottom where the door washers, etc. are, and see if that is part of the problem. I have had both of these problems and this seems to have taken care of it.

When my refrigerator door would not close tight i had too much stuff in the door shelves. I just removed some of the things out of the door & it works great.

Do you have an icemaker? If so, make sure the ice cube container is seated correctly. Sometimes it can protrude a little and will prevent the door from closing properly. Hope one of the suggestions works for you.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances FreezerAugust 16, 2007
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Self-Closing Gate With Springs
Installing a Self-Closing Gate
sliding patio door
Cleaning a Sliding Door Track
🎄