Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I'm planning for my sweet sixteen. It's going to be a masquerade ball. The color scheme is blue and silver. I have never planned a party before, so I don't know what to do. Please help.

By Sabrina

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

There are some good party planning websites that you can go to for help. You might especially want to look for ones for proms. When we planned our school's prom we used a website called Andersonsprom.com.

You need to figure out:

Date and Time:

Budget:

Guest List:

Where you're going to have it:

Food and drink

Decorations

It's important to ask those who are going to chaperone your party (parents/guardians) for help.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

December 27, 2010 Flag

I am planning a sweet sixteen masquerade birthday party for myself. The theme is "character," where everyone will be their favorite movie or TV character for the night. My colors are purple and silver.

I've decided that I want to be Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast for the night, but there's only one problem, the dress is gold, like in the movie. Will the gold in the dress conflict with the silver theme, or does it even really matter?

By Alex

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

Lots of jewelry has both silver and gold in it. I would suggest you add a little gold in the decoration. (11/13/2010)

By leekelly

March 27, 2010 Flag

I'm planning a masquerade party for a sweet sixteen with a low budget. I need some ideas; the colors are pink and silver. I found the cake and mask she wants for herself and the girls, but don't know what the boy's mask should be or what color. Any ideas?

By Julie from Fall River, MA

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

Girls masks could be the pink, boys the silver. If you can't find them that color, get any and lay them on paper in the garage and spray paint them several days in advance so they dry really well. Or the boys could be black and silver. Both could have glued on glitter sprinkles.

Then on maybe poster board, draw the mask faces one sees symbolizing a masquerade and paint one pink and one silver, you'd only need silver paint and pink. Perhaps you could get a cluster of appropriate curled ribbon at the dollar store to afix to the poster. You could cut the masks out and put them on the wall, in pairs or multiple pairs. Walgreens, Walmart, and dollar stores all have cheap posterboard.

You could get a copy of Marie Antoinette, the new version with Kirsten Dunst and have it playing in the background. It has a great masquerade ball scene. And the costumes are fabulous in that movie. Your library might have copy. Also the music in the movie is modern pop songs.

Serve pink lemonade and ginger ale for punch or something like that. Pink Kool-aid and soda would work, too. You could make candied popcorn, like popcorn balls, but not formed into balls ahead of time. You could color the candy part with food coloring to a light pink. There must be directions somewhere. Don't use microwave popcorn though. (10/09/2009)

By PIKKA

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

For types of masks the guys might not feel dorky wearing, perhaps Phantom of the Opera? That was one cool mask. Zorro and Lone Ranger style masks might work, too, as well as Batman style. I'm trying not to suggest the obvious Jason or Michael Myer masks, those are pretty creepy. (10/14/2009)

By JustPlainJo

October 9, 2009 Flag

My birthday's October 26 and since it's pretty close to Halloween, I wanted some type of costume party. But I'm not really into the Halloween stuff, and I wanted it somewhat formal. So I decided a formal Masquerade Ball would be a lot of fun.

The only thing I did find so far was my colors. I found a website that had a few color suggestions and I liked hot pink, lime green, and silver. I had read something about a neon Masquerade, but it'd be kind of hard to find supplies to match.

My mom and I are planning my Sweet 16 together this summer and we think we've found a place, but I'm still looking for maybe a cheaper place so I could have more for the actual party.

I also have no idea what to do for entertainment. Of course a DJ, but I'm worried that won't occupy everyone for the whole time. I'm totally stuck on ideas for party favors, although I did find a pretty good website today that helped a little bit. Any ideas you have would be a great help.

By oceanshorizonx from New Jersey

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

Try to be different in a cool way. Mix it all up. (08/10/2009)

By lilc800

August 6, 2009 Flag

I am trying to decide if I am going to do a Masquerade party for my 16th. I'm just not sure if the people I invite would wear the masks? But, I need help with pretty much everything.

October 29, 2007 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Girls at Masquerade Party
Masquerade Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesDecember 27, 2010
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Ideas
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
Masquerade masks at   a masquerade ball.
Masquerade Ball Decoration Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 9:23:22 AM on 10.0.1.91 in 756 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.