Attaching Headboard and Foot Board to Bed Frame

My bed has a headboard as well as a foot board with the wooden side rails that attaches to both. Then there are slats that came with the bed that the box springs sets on. I want the bed to be lower.

Is there a way to attach my headboard and foot board to a regular queen bed frame thereby making the bed lower to the floor? The bed is so high I'm afraid of rolling off and hurting myself. Thanks.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

I'm not sure what you mean by a "regular" queen frame (a Hollywood bed frame?). However, if I were you, I'd just see where the holes in the head/footboards need to be, in order to fit on your lower frame. Then ask at the hardware store, what kind of drill and screws you'd need, to make those boards fit your lower frame.

If you have a regular camera or a digital one, take a picture of the frame and the boards, to take to the hardware store. I do that all the time, and it really helps the hardware men/women understand your project so they can help you!

The problem with drilling new holes to make the bed sit lower on the headboard and foot board is that you can alter the integrity of those posts and cause they to split or crack when you screw in the bed frame. So be careful.

Lowering a Bed Frame
Lowering a Bed Frame
Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 20, 2010
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Wood plank headboard.
Making a Headboard
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder