Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Dog Saliva Stains on a Couch

0EmailPrintFollowSave

My couch is upholstered in regular material. I have a wet mouth golden retriever so there is dog saliva on the arms of my sofa. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the stains? Thanks for your help.

By days1017 from Lehigh Valley, PA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By merlene smith 4 311 05/27/2009 Flag

The dollar tree sells a product called totally awesome. It has removed all kinds of dog related stains from my furniture and rugs.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 05/28/2009 Flag

I like Merlene's idea, but will add my own, anyway. If you can use a steam cleaner of any size, I'd say try that. In fact, that's one of hubby's "Honey-do" projects for the near future, due to our English mastiff.

Also, I recommend keeping your upholstered furniture covered with anything that works for you. General appearance is less important to me than keeping the dog drool off my favorite chair; I simply throw a bed sheet over it. Then when the inevitable happens, the sheet can simply be tossed into the washer. Easier to avoid the mess, for me, at least.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Donna Silliman 1 1 06/01/2009 Flag

Thanks for the thoughts. I plan on trying the steam cleaning first. If that doesn't work, I will try the awesome. Appreciate your time. Thanks again!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes