How Do You Use Bluing Product?

I need to know how do you use that bluing stuff to make your whites white. My husband wears white dress shirts. They get dingy after a while. Any suggestions on keeping them white? I bought that blue stuff but don't want to mess up anything help!

Kathy from Triadelphia

Just use very little in the FINAL RINSE...ONLY A FEW DROPS when you first begin to use it. As you gain experience, you'll be able to use more drops as you see if your white clothes are retaining too much blue.

ALWAYS make sure the clothing is totally saturated; if dry, the bluing will 'stain' the clothes and it is hard to get out, even after re-washing several times. I dilute it with 2 cups of water; don't like using it 'straight' (undiluted :) )

Besides blueing for whites, before you launder the clothes, mix a little cascade dishwasher powder in a big bucket of water and let the whites soak in it overnight. I don't know how much of the powder to tell you, I haven't done it yet but I'm going to start with a small amount to be sure I don't ruin the white clothes. I don't remember where I heard this, but they said it whitens the white clothes.

Suzin... the Cascade (or other dishwashing liquids/powders) are very strong in nature (gotta clean those pots :)) ...Painters and Mechanics use this procedure for their work clothes; it'll get out the majority of said stains, grease, etc., but it definitely shortens the life of good, heav-duty, work clothes...I'd hate to use it on regular clothing

I don't use it on clothes but on my hair. It takes the yellow out of gray hair...

What market do you buy it from, and how much do you use on grey hair? Do you use it before you use hair rinse? Thanks,