Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Liquid bluing is a laundry product used to improve the appearance of whites. Although less commonly used than bleach for whitening, bluing is generally easy to buy. This is a guide about buying bluing.

I am looking for a laundry whitening product and the name of it is "Miss ___"? I need to know the name and where can I purchase it.

By Linda G from Greensboro, NC

Answers

I think the name was, "Miss Bo Peep". They still carry it in drug and grocery stores that cater to an older crowd.

Years ago we use to buy a product called Bluing. It made white clothes brighter and cleaner looking. Have not been able to find it now and really need it. Seems the bras and other whites turn dingy and nothing we have tried will bring the whites back to life. Any one here know where i can find this product again?

Tonya

Answers

By JONER COOPER (Guest Post)

FILL THE WASHER WITH WATER ON SOAK CYCLE-- 1 CUP OF CLOROX AND TWO OR THREE SCOOPS OF ANY OF THE OXYGEN STAIN REMOVERS, LET IN RUN THRU THE SOAK CYCLE AND THEN WASH THEM WITH THE RECOMENDED AMOUNT OF OXYGEN PRODUCT AND SOAP----

By Charlotte (Guest Post)

I doubt if you can purchase that but I use a product called Yellow Out. I purchase it at Wal-Mart, Menards if that is in your area but I love this.

I soak all my whites in it for 5 minutes in a pre-soak cycle and found them to stay nice and white.It takes out that dingy yellow that seems to makes clothes look so drab. Hope this will help you.

Try this link - You can buy it online at:
http://www.verm  ;keyword=blueing

They sell a lot of hard-to-find "old fashioned" merchandise. Not always frugally priced though.
Ask for their print catalog.
Hope this helps. Gretchen

Items of a nylon blend often yellow - bleach will also yellow nylon ans some other synthetics. I'd only use bleach if the item is cotton or linen.

Regards

Jo

By Betty-Ellen (Guest Post)

you might try http://www.bonamo.com for the bluing. I use 1/4 cup dishwasher detergent to a load of white wash. It does the trick for dingy white clothes makes yhem white again.

I can't think of the name, but there is a product on
the top shelf of the laundry aisle at Kroger's. It's
in a small bottle with the picture of an old-fashioned
lady on it, and the word "bluing" is part of the title.
Hope this helps.

By (Guest Post)

Do not put bra's in the dryer this will cause them to go dingy, just hang them to dry susan from Hamilton

By shirl (Guest Post)

It is Mrs Stewart's bluing
http://www.mrsstewart.com

By Anna from Maine (Guest Post)

Do not use bluing on anything with synthetic fibers in it as your garment will turn blue. I learned this from experience.

Clorox 2 works well if let soak overnight. I use dishwasher detergent in my white laundry, let it soak overnight. (Not dish detergent but dishwasher detergent)

By Cathy (Guest Post)

Haven't heard of 'bluing' but to achieve remarkable results, I soak white items in a nappy whitening solution which you should be able to buy in the laundry section of your supermarket. Works better than bleach!

By Becki in Indiana (Guest Post)

Don't know where you live, but here in Indiana farm country, you can often find bluing at (believe it or not) farm supply/feed stores! I think it's because we have lots of Amish folks nearby, and they use lots of old-fashioned products. Good luck!

By melissa (Guest Post)

Try this! Wash whites 2 times. the first time wash with cold water and bleach only.

(no soap) the second time wash with hot water and laundry detergent

By emily. (Guest Post)

Pathmark & Shop rite sells it, I buy it at both these places

I live in North Carolina and we do not have those stores here. Never heard of them either.. I will keep looking though. Would just about pay someone to send it to me.
Tonya

By Anita (Guest Post)

Check a search engine for a website for Mrs. Stewarts Bluing. It gives a list of distributors by state for their product. If you cant find one in your state, you can buy it from the company. It's good stuff and I use it alot.

By mary (Guest Post)

try using oxi clean..should make your whites look like new...great for colors as well.I put a scoop in each load,great for stains,pet odors,general dingyness.Dont try bleach it'll eat the elastic

By Valerie (Guest Post)

Hi there.
I use a product called Borax. it is a powder and you just add some to your load of laundry with you detergent and your clothes come out whiter and brighter. I actually spilled grease and bbq sauce from chicken on a new white shirt and it took it out. I bought it at Walmart, but it is also available at grocery stores. Hope this helps.

Valerie

I am looking for a product called 'Bluing' to use in the washing machine to help get whites whiter. I read in 'Dollar Stretcher' that someone recommended this and said it cost $3.00 for 16 oz but the only website I found for it wants you to buy 12 bottles.

Kim from Joppa, MD

Answers

There used to be a brand of bluing called "Little Boy Blue". It was in a small plastic bottle(It wasn't as big as 16 ounces) and was ususlly placed next to the powdered starch in grocery stores. This may be a thing of the past.

By K (Guest Post)

Mrs. Stewart's Bluing is the brand I remember my Mom using. There is a link on their website for stores in MD that carry it:
http://www.mrss  /wheretofind.htm

It looks like mostly grocery stores. I would also check independent mom n pop type hardware stores.

Otherwise on the web I saw:
can buy one bottle:
http://www.mcle  asp?sku=10554770

comes in order of 2 bottles:
http://www.verm  earchid=inceptor

3 dollars for a 16 oz bottle seems too cheap but then I haven't priced it lately.

Does anyone know if they still make LaFrance Bluing? I haven't seen it in the stores in a long time and it is the only bluing that ever really worked well for me. I think it was made by Dove. Thank you.

By Connie P. from Vandalia, OH

I need to find a location for Mrs. Stewart's bluing in Waco, Texas.

By Charles

Where can I find bluing for laundry?

By linda from Charleston, WV

Answers:

Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Laundry bluing is available in the laundry soap section of grocery stores, here in Saskatchewan. It is called Mrs. Stewart's Bluing and comes in a bottle with an old fashioned style label. It is also used by 4H kids to whiten the white hair on their show calves, so perhaps it is also available in farm supply stores. I couldn't vouch for that, as I have always bought mine in the local Co-op. (07/01/2010)

By Louise B.

Load More