"Cars" Themed 2nd Birthday

My son is going to be 2 on 2/15/2009 and I am at a loss for what to do for his party besides having the theme 'Cars'. He loves that movie! He will only have a few cousins there for kids, and their ages range from 8 months to 11. I'm looking for ideas that might be good for games for the kids, and ideas on how to make sure the adults are not bored either!

Amanda from ME

You could use the basic idea my daughter used for the baby shower for her dau.-in-law. Her theme was trucks/construction equipment. They made cheap chocolate cakes in sheet pans, but can use any pan. Then they crumbled the cakes into disposable aluminum pans about the size of steno tablets, maybe a bit larger.

They found small plastic construction signs, fences, trees, etc. Put some in each pan (were used as center pieces). Add small Matchbox size trucks and construction vehicles. The kids could each have some after the party to keep, or just the birthday boy could keep them. Buy kid size plastic "hard hats" for kids to wear.

Games: get pix of construction vehicles and copy. Have list of the names on paper. Kids have to match names with the vehicle. This is a start. Let your imagination run wild. Have fun with party.

Kids love card board boxes! Collect different sized boxes for the kids (and parents) to make into cars. Stick paper plates on for wheels, aluminium foil plates for headlights etc, a cardboard steering wheel attached with string (or held freely in the hand). Little ones can sit in their box car and pretend to drive, bigger kids can drive theirs around. Open the bottom of the box, cut/punch small holes front and back of the box and thread thin strips of material so the kids can wear the box (like braces on pants). Make a raceway or street complete with stop signs. Parents can change the lights (red/orange/green circles of cardboard). Including a tunnel is easy (sheet etc over a table)etc. The only limit is your imagination. Have fun! Rosie - Melbourne, Australia

My niece had her birthday here and I had ages 2- 14 in my house. It was a halloween birthday so I made a pin the wings on the bat you could pin the bumper on lightning mcqueen. I drew a bat body on poster board and made one set of wings for it. You could print a picture off the internet to use.

Instead of having a set of wings for everyone I traced where they put the wings and put there names on their lines. It looked really neat when it was finished and my niece took it home to put on her wall as a poster. I also had a ton of magazines lying around the house. So we had a scavenger hunt with them. I made a list of Halloween themed things for the kids to look for. I had me and two other adults walking around the table to verify the things the kids pointed to and to help the younger kids read or help my 2 and 3 year olds find them. The 3 year old was really good at it. She almost won.

lol! 3 months to the day my son will be 2 yrs it goes so fast. Well anyways what about setting you pone of those rugs from walmart that has the cars race track printed on it and some little matchbox cars the kids could play with, you could buy a pack of t-shirts and google lightning mcqueen iron on and buy transfer paper not too much money and print it out on printer then iron it on. Great take home goodie plus a lil matchbox car maybe red or you might even find a little lightning mcqueen, make "cars" printables on computer at target in dollar area the yhad "cars" crayons don't know if it's the same everywhere? what about buying red plates,,plastic silverware, and buying "cars" napkins & cups t otie it in. Sit kiddo's in a circle and play hot potato using a "cars" pillow or soft toy,have little prizes. Buy a "cars" poster and take the kids picture in front of it send it home in thank you card..I like the boxes ideas from the other's. Kids do love boxes & climbing.

Sorry I just noticed the date duh. Hope you had fun. Maybe it will give someone an idea or 2.

2 Year Old Birthday Party
2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesJanuary 29, 2009
A dog standing on a driveway.
Training a Dog Not to Chase Cars
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Organizing Toy Cars
Organizing Toy Cars
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
🎉
🎄