Fixing Fudge - Categories:

Helpful HintsFood Tips

Fixing Fudge

I used too much canned cream in my fudge, and, of course, it did not harden. Can I bring it back to a boil, and add more ingredients?

By sweetie from Jermyn, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

What I think is that you could, I guess, because that's what I usually do when I add a little bit too much of something.

Try baking911.com. It's a safe site to use for a lot of cooking/baking questions and remedies.

December 21, 2010 Flag

Can I fix my gritty fudge?

By Ellen from Wawa, Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Fixing Fudge

Probably not; that means that the sugar did not dissolve (the mix wasn't hot enough) or that it crystallized again after cooking. You could try to melt it down again, but I have doubts. I would shave it for use as a topping on ice cream. (07/17/2010)

By Ginnywest

July 16, 2010 Flag

How can I fix my fudge if I put in too much evaporated milk?

Rose from middleton, ID

Answers:

Fixing Fudge

If the problem is "too much" liquid, it will just take longer for it to reach the correct temperature. Just keep stirring so it doesn't scorch on the bottom.
(12/28/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Fixing Fudge

I've done this myself on occasion. Just add some more confectioner sugar to it and stir until it thickens. (12/29/2006)

By sjackie2000

Fixing Fudge

Add the other ingredients called for until it looks like it should. Good luck. (12/30/2006)

By Tina

Fixing Fudge

I also recently made fudge (actually pralines, same thing only plopped individually) and it came out grainy and soft. I just took all of them, tossed them back into the pan, slowly melted them and re-boiled them back to temperature. When they came out this time, they were not grainy and they set hard. Grainy fudge is the result of the sugar not completely dissolving (not boiling long enough to the right temperature) or re-crystallizing too early (from crystals forming on the sides then starting a chain reaction, or from agitating the mixture or introducing some foreign substance during cooling).
Grease the sides of the pan before you start and be careful during cooling. (12/17/2007)

By Vicky

Fixing Fudge

Triple rest of ingredients and it should work out OK. Otherwise, looks like it should be tossed. Take all extras and give out to co-workers and neighbors. They will love you for it. (11/27/2009)

By that penguin

December 23, 2006 Flag

When making fudge, keep an extra stick of butter or margarine at the ready. If you overcook the fudge and it gets to thick, it can often be saved by quickly adding an extra stick of butter

By Nanalori

Answers:

Fixing Fudge

Since the evaporation of the liquid is what controls the temperature on the candy thermometer once it reaches the boiling point of 212 º, if you cook it too long, just add enough extra liquid to bring it down below the desired temperature, and let it cook until it again reaches the desired temperature. I have had luck doing this with fudge, peanut brittle, the syrup part of divinity, and also with the hard candies that are basically sugar, water and flavoring.
(11/28/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsDecember 21, 2010
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 6:07:26 AM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.