Reducing Snake Problems Around Homes

When people occasionally encounter snakes in or around their homes, they usually are concerned about whether the snakes are dangerous. For your safety in managing snake problems around your home, it is important to be able to identify whether snakes are poisonous or nonpoisonous types.

I deeply appreciate all the great advice about snakes. I hate them, fear them, and want no part of them!!

Thanks to everyone who posted advice about how to repel them!

How do I get rid of snakes under my house?

I just ran into a 'black' snake that was found on the back door nob of our screen door! This has really frightened me as I wonder stopped it from getting in the house around our pipes, etc. This is the first I've ever experienced a snake this close to being in the house! I also have a 10 month old grand daughter in my home and am afraid if another is around and undetected, it may get in and put us in danger or at least running in fear until we found it. Please advise on how to keep them away

How do I find a copperhead den? Sure there is one either under our house of nearby.

Mrs t o It's a black racer most likely. They are harmless.

Deterring Snakes
Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesAugust 20, 2004
Black and White Eastern Kingsnake
Kingsnake Information and Photos
Penstemon (Bearded Tongue)
Growing: Penstemon (Bearded Tongue)
copperhead snake
What Kind of Snake is This?
Caring For a Pet Snake, Snake on a person's hand.
Caring For a Pet Snake