This is an easy craft for a musical instrument, using items you probably already have at home. Crafts like these are an easy way to occupy your kids when it's too cold to play outside.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 2 plastic spoons
- 4 inch (approx.) length of ribbon or string
- jingle bell
- 2, 12 inch pipe cleaners
- craft glue
- Slide bell onto center of ribbon or string, then tie the ribbon/string to make a knot over the top of the bell to hold it in place. Set this aside for now.
- Lay one spoon on table, bowl side up, and put glue down the handle. Now, lay the ribbon/string ends into the glue, and place more glue over the ribbon/string. The bell will sit in the bowl of the spoon.
- Place the second spoon, bowl side down this time, over the first to glue the handles of both spoons together. You can hold the handles together with clothespins until the glue dries, at least enough so the glue isn't slippery any longer. Some craft glues dry very quickly.
- Place a little glue over the outside of the handles and wrap the handles with pipe cleaners. It should take two.
To play your instrument, just hold it by the handle and shake
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 25, 2017 at 1:27:51 AM on 10.0.1.88 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us