I just got a new wood stove with two blowers on it. I had to put the thing together myself. I wired it up like the instructions said and even added a new grounded outlet. But every time I plug it in it trips the breaker. I know the new outlet works because everything else I've plugged into it works. I've checked and rechecked my part of the blower wiring and it all seems fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem might be?
By Squawl from MO
You're drawing too much power from this stove's blowers, so you trip the circuit breaker which is a safety feature to prevent a house fire. What is the amperage being drawn on this outlet/circuit? What other appliances/things are on this particular circuit? Maybe it's time to call an electrician if you can't figure this out, or are not comfortable around electricity. Better to be safe, than have a fire.
Either the instructions or the wiring could be faulty in your new wood stove. You might call the store you bought it from and talk to their experts. The experts at our local Lowe's talked us through a tricky electrical problem a few years ago.
If nothing else helps and you still have your receipt, take it back and have them make it right. It's their job.
Maybe your electrical service is not large enough to use it on the area you have it. Overloading is dangerous and a fire hazard. I know which part of the house is wired to pair outlets with certain appliances. Too many times of snapping the circuit can create issues too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!