Backsplash Without Using Ceramic Tiles

By Ramona 2

I want to put a back-splash behind my stove besides ceramic tiles. Anyone have any other ideas? Inexpensive!

Ramona from Pinckard, Alabama

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There are multiple ways, and your budget need not be stretched!

Have you noticed that your cooking surface is a little dark? Add some light by hanging a mirror beding=d your stove. Quickly washable, and the light reflection adds light!

Another way is to go to the Lumber Store and get a piece of bathroom wallboard (abitibi is one brand name) that is 1/4 " thick. This product has nouldings that are plastic. The board and mouldings can be cut to size and hung with adhesive.

You might consider a section of formica, hung easily with contact cement.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

some type of laminate is a cheap and easy way to add a backsplash, any carpentry shop or even hardware store can help you out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I don't know the cost, but on HGTV I saw them use Plexiglass with nice paint or wallpaper under.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Wallpaper works-a border strip of wallpaper. I would like stainless steel backsplash but it is very expensive to buy and hard to install.

Good Luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tina Brown 5 100 Flag

I suggest looking at diynetwork.com

they have some awesome ideas for inexpensive ways to do just about anything. I watch the tv program and I've seen them use metal flashing type stuff to make a beautiful back splash. And I've seen them set tiles onto framed board and hung it like a picture behind the stove. It was very pretty.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I put up some pretty Contact paper behind the stove. It works great. Just clean it with hot, soapy water when it needs it. Be sure to leave a little space between the wall and oven if you can. A lot easier and inexpensive than tiles.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,276 Flag

Would a sheet of stainless steel look nice in your kitchen? Ask until you find it, starting with metals sellers in your area, or kitchen supply people. I know they make stainless steel tiles too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Noella 11 381 Flag

What about buying some clear plastic that comes on a roll that the sales assistant has to cut to size at Wal-Mart. It is very flexible and inexpensive, and could be hung with tabs and taken down and cleaned or replaced when dirty. It also would allow the tiles to show through.

I've seen this clear plastic also used as a covering for dining room tables that had beautiful quilts underneath. My mom uses one over a crocheted bedspread that covers her dining room table.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

i would not use any product as a back splash behind a stove that could catch fire or a product that would be difficult to clean.You could do as I have done. I bought a piece of formica and cut it to the size I needed then used a spray contact adhesive.It has to be a contact adhesive.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Christine Schuyler 2 11 Flag

I haven't tried this, but perhaps some peel & stick vinyl floor tiles would work. Cheap, easy to install and there's a huge selection out there to choose from.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By carol 27 50 Flag

I had a piece of stainless steel cut to fit the back of my stove & my hubby fastened it with screws. It works like a charm, especially after cooking something like bacon. Just take a damp sponge with a trickle of liquid dish detergent & it cleans up beautifully. Good luck.

joesgirl

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have a mirror behind my stove its easy to keep clean ...........also suppose to bring good luck ....I . have one behind my sink ......I like them both .....

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Ikea has some wonderful backsplashes that are magnetic! Check it out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have had plexiglass (from my local glass store) behind by stove for over 20 years. It's easy to clean and I replaced it once because I scrubbed it too much with a coarse sponge. It looks great and it's so inexpensive as well ! Have the glass company drill small holes so you can mount it easily. My DH also installed a piece between my kitchen window and the sink which has made clean up a breeze !!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maddy 95 Flag

What i have used is some floor linoliuem that looks like slate behind my stove and it's washable and looks great.. I used caulking to hold it on the wall and it has held up great for 2yrs so far.. Check with your Home Improvement stores to see what would look nice for you..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By slee15 8 27 Flag

I used one of the embossed metal ceiling panels behind my stove, a coat of poly and a frame of aluminum molding and the metal stays bright and washable and fire retardant.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenJuly 4, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:09:33 AM on 10.0.0.224 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings