DessertsCopycat

Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge Mud Pie Recipe

For Father's Day, we purchased a Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge Mud Pie (a family tradition). I paid $21.00. It seems to me I might be able to make one without the weird chemical tasting fake whipped cream for less money.

So far, I figured out that it needs a graham cracker crust, a layer of thick fudge on the bottom and sides of the crust, a filling of ice cream (thought I might try JA Fudge and Coconut) and a layer of fudge on top.

My question is about the fudge. Does anyone have any idea at all of what it might be made of or is it simply a fudge topping for ice cream that is available at the grocery store? Is the topping the same as the fudge on the sides and bottom?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Try this recipe:

Hot Fudge Sauce

2 T. cocoa powder

2 T. butter

Melt together over very low heat or in a double boiler. Then add:

1/3 cup boiling water

1 cup sugar

2 T. corn syrup

Stir well and bring to a low boil over direct heat. Do not stir. For a sauce that you can pour over ice cream, boil it for five minutes. If you want a sauce that will harden over ice cream, boil it for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for about 10 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.

I have made many types of ice cream pies. This is what I would do. First, I'd use chocolate wafer crust. It can be purchased or made like graham cracker only with chocolate wafers, You could add some ground almonds and/or coffee crystals for extra taste. Then, pour some warmed hot fudge on the bottom, just a little. Cool, then layer mocha almond fudge ice cream for center. freeze, Add a thicker layer of hot frudge and slivered almonds for top. If you want to make your own mocha almond fudge ice cream, I'd take regular chocolate ice cream, add expresso crystals, (roughly) chopped almonds, mix then just drizzle hot fudge over mix, and turn over only once or twice. Generally, the cost is still cheaper to just buy the ice cream made but it's really up to you. Make sure you use hot fudge and not chocolate surup, they are very different products. If you want to make a really big cake, use a spring form pan. Good luck.