OdorsCleaning

Getting Rid of the Odor of Dead Mice

How do I get rid of the smell of dead mice? We moved into a rural home about 6 months ago. I have deep cleaned more than once, but can still smell the aroma in a couple of closets.

By Stacy from OK

Best Answer

Good old fashioned vinegar! It kills any odor or stain and when it dries the vinegar smell goes away. I have ferrets so trust me when I say it works. You can spray it on full strength. My mom always used that odor ban stuff, but it reeks to me (I guess its better then decaying rats thou!).

Best Answer

Maybe put a box of baking soda in each closet? There are also odor absorbing compounds you can buy at places like Bed Bath & Beyond.

Best Answer

We had the same problem at our family business only on a larger scale. We purchased a small ozone machine and it has worked miracles. We bought ours locally but you could try looking for one online. We have also used it to remove smoke odors from cars and it works great. Good Luck.

Best Answer

Believe it or not; kitty litter is a good odor eliminator! Put kitty litter in an open container like a flower pot and set in the closet or put it in an odd sock and tie the sock shut and drape it over the clothes rod. Do this in each closet. You will notice a difference in just a couple of days or so. I am assuming you washed the baseboards and flooring well in the closets with a strong cleaner. If there is carpet on the floor, just sprinkle kitty litter on the carpet and let it set for a week then vacuum it up.

Best Answer

I've heard that Peppermint will help hide the smell until it dissipates. Try Peppermint oil.

peppermint oil is good to keep future mice away. put it on cotton rolls and place in the area they want to be.

Put Oil of Peppermint on a cotton ball and put it in the affected area, works like a charm, Good luck.

Alexandria VA

Try bleach water, mix water and bleach 50/50 or less, and spray on the area, or spray Odo Ban on it. You can also use a medium solution of ammonia water, and wash the area.

Hope this helps! :) My mom uses these methods when cleaning.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsDecember 31, 2010
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
mouse peeking out of a hole in a loaf of bread
Getting Rid of Mice Without Killing Them
mouse in the kitchen
Getting Rid of Mice
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 28, 2017 at 8:28:48 AM on 10.0.0.190 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.