Scent Lightbulbs When Expecting Visitors

We all know when cleaning we want that fresh smell especially when people are coming over. I find to rub vanilla on the light bulbs and then turn on the stove just on low and sprinkle it with cinnamon. The smell with last for hours. Also it didn't cost you a fortune with chemical build up.

Linda from Hamilton Ontario Canada

Just be careful that you don't do what a good friend did once when showing her house to a prospective buyer. Don't use red pepper instead of cinnamon! She was teased about that for years.

This seems not only frugal, but much safer than lighting candles. We know from experience, those plug-in things get horribly expensive - and we can rarely find the refills for the item we already own.

Your ideas are great, however, cinnamon comes from a "wood-like" base so it can be very flammable. I usually put some in a small sauce pan with a bit of water, then simmer on low, it works the same way! One idea I really use alot, if you have ceiling fans in your rooms. I use double sided tape ($ Store) to attach fabric sheets to the fan blades. My favourites are scents of fresh linen or mountain fresh. Your house gets the smell of the fresh outdoors or fresh laundry.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 15, 2010
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
Compact Fluorescent Lightbulb
Storing Lightbulbs