Using an Iron Griddle on a Glass Top Range

I want to know if there is something made to use on glasstop ranges to protect them from scratching when you use an iron griddle.

Best Answer

I found a cast iron skillet with the grill ridges in it recently. It is coated on the outside with a thick, bright red, porcelain coating so it works great on my ceramic stovetop......no scratching. Now I'm on the lookout for some regular skillets, coated the same. I found the one I have at a store called "Tuesday Morning".

Best Answer

I just use my cast iron griddle and pans. I made sure there were no rough edges to scratch my cooktop. I've done it for 16 years now. I figured that I bought my stove to use, not to baby, and I was going to get my money's worth from it. I use cast iron pans, I can, I use my pressure cooker, and I've never had one problem.

Just make sure your iron griddle is not excessively heavy for the ceramic cooktop. They have been known to break and cost a lot to replace with a long waiting time (or so I have been told by someone who accidentally slammed down a large pot of water on hers and reaped the unfortunate consequences).

susanmajp

Thanks for the info on your cooktop! I've only had mine a few years and confess that I do "baby" it to some extent. I absolutely love it and the ease of keeping it looking nice! I did wonder if using a canner on it would be wise and you've answered that question for me. Thanks for sharing!

Pam,

I am glad you asked cuz I have only had my glasstop since last Nov. and been afraid to ruin it.

I am a fan of gas stoves but here I have to use

electric and this glasstop is the best so easy to clean and use.

I know where Licking is I used to drive through there to Boss, MO.

Annie

Hallsville, MO

Glass Top Stove
Using Cast Iron Pan on Glass Top Stoves
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceAugust 1, 2006
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making Cookies on an Electric Griddle
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄