Reviving Velcro on a Elbow Bandage

I have one of those magnetic bandages (nikken) that close with velcro/scotch. It is for my elbow and I wear it a lot. After just a few months, the velcro is not catching. It was expensive and it took all my pain away. Can I resuscitate the velcro or should I patch it?

Kiwi Eema from Israel

Best Answer

Sometimes the hook side (of the hook and loop as it is sometimes called) gets full of fuzz from the othe side. If you patiently pick it out with a needle or safety pin , it makes a big difference.

Best Answer

Scrub the velcro 'teeth' with an old toothbrush. This may get the lint out. This was a friend's suggestion. Worked for her.

Best Answer

All you have to do is hold a flame close {not too close though} to the fuzzy part of the velcro . This will cause the fuzzy part to curl up again . As soon as you see the threads curling move the flame away. You must keep the flame moving . Do this very quickly And you should restore some strength in your velcro

Buy velcro in a sewing store and replace it.

If you can't revive it with a toothbrush, you can get two kinds at the fabric store.....sew-on and the kind with a sticky back.

HOW CAN VELCRO BE REPAIRED WITHOUT REPLACING IT?

Blue velcro in a strip.
Repairing Velcro
Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 20, 2005
black Velcro being pulled apart
Cleaning Velcro
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Woman Separating a Velcro Strip
Uses for Velcro
🎉
🎄