Repairing Velcro?

Category Repairing
Over time Velcro loses its holding power. This is a page about repairing Velcro.

I have one of those magnetic bandages (nikken) that close with velcro/scotch. It is for my elbow and I wear it a lot. After just a few months, the velcro is not catching. It was expensive and it took all my pain away. Can I resuscitate the velcro or should I patch it?

Kiwi Eema from Israel

Answers

By siris (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Sometimes the hook side (of the hook and loop as it is sometimes called) gets full of fuzz from the othe side. If you patiently pick it out with a needle or safety pin , it makes a big difference.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Scrub the velcro 'teeth' with an old toothbrush. This may get the lint out. This was a friend's suggestion. Worked for her.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

All you have to do is hold a flame close {not too close though} to the fuzzy part of the velcro . This will cause the fuzzy part to curl up again .

As soon as you see the threads curling move the flame away. You must keep the flame moving . Do this very quickly And you should restore some strength in your velcro

By (Guest Post)

Buy velcro in a sewing store and replace it.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingJune 2, 2014
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
Generated 2020-07-24 02:23:33 in 904 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf95440468.tip.html