Tightening Eyeglasses

How can I tighten my eyeglasses? They keep sliding down my nose and I have to keep going to the Optical Center to get them tightened up. Is there a kit or something similar I can buy to do this?

Onesummer

You can buy pads that adhere to the little pads that rest on your nose. That may help. You should be able to buy them at a Wal Mart or drug store where they sell eye glass cleaners and such.

Tightening up the screws, and then painting with clear fingernail polish, glue, or some other clear adhesive is supposed to work. The adhesive is supposed to prevent the screw from turning, causing it not to be able to work itself loose. What I do is remove the screw altogether; thread a thin sewing needle with HEAVY-DUTY thread or dental floss, and run it through the screw-holes, and tie it off very tightly. I got to the point where being able to use my glasses was more important to me than what it would look like, but if you use a thread color that closest matches the color of your glasses, then it really is not that noticeable. Just clip the ends of the thread closely after making sure that you have tied it so that you won't have to worry about it coming undone. And a dab of glue on the thread ends makes it even better. Now, I realize that not everyone is going to be able to live with this solution, but it's the best solution that has worked for me.

broken eyeglasses
Repairing Eyeglasses
Home and Garden Repair Other Eye GlassesSeptember 22, 2008
T-shirt
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Reusing An Eyeglasses Case, Empty Eyeglass Case
Reusing An Eyeglasses Case
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
🎉
🎄