Does Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent Kill 99.9% of Bacteria?

Does Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent kill 99.9% of bacteria?

No, only bleach and ammonia will kill 99.99% of bacteria.

I always check the box or container to see what it does. If what you are looking for is not there, it doesn't do it.

I had a microbiology professer that told us about a mouthwash's bacteria-killing TV claims. Ads boasted 99.9% of bacteria was killed.

He delved into it, and it was not quite so simple! I forget the exact numbers, but one had to hold the mouthwash in the mouth for something like 19 hours for it to kill 99.9% of the bacteria!

No, by itself no laundry detergent will kill that much bacteria. Very hot water kills bacteria, but clorox is better at it. I dont think ammonia kills as much bacteria as clorox, but that only my opinion. Its been a long time since I took chemistry. (lol)

Dont forget that its chlorine that is put into your drinking water to kill bacteria in tap water.

Best of luck

woman doing laundry
Disinfecting Laundry
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 26, 2007
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of laundry detergent
Reusing Laundry Detergent Boxes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:00:48 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.