Father's Day Gift Bags
Create a special gift bag for Dad and fill with homemade treats, something salty and something sweet, for a gift he'll love.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- white lunch bag
- craft glue
- two small shirt buttons
- scrap of fabric
- piece of card stock or cardboard
- pen or pencil
- Cut about a 2 inch slit down from the top edge of the lunch bag.
- Fold each side back and glue into place. This will resemble a shirt collar.
- Glue a small shirt button on each corner of the flaps that were glued down.
- Draw a tie onto a piece of cardboard and cut out.
- Using the tie pattern, trace around it onto a piece of fabric (plaid works well to resemble a tie). Cut out the fabric tie and glue down center front of bag.
- Write the following poem on the back of the bag: "Dad, I think you are so sweet, the very salt of my earth. So here is a tasty treat, for only a fraction of your worth. It's just a little way to say a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!"
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC
June 18, 20090 found this helpful
Very clever idea! My husband doesn't like ties, but this could bring a smile, especially if there's NOT an actual tie as a gift. =) We were going to reuse a gift bag we made before (see photo), but the tie bag is appealing too...
The link for the instructions to the gift bag we made is
http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar ... _to_make_a_reusable_gift_bag_for.htm
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 2:33:51 PM on 10.0.2.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us