Why is Food Now Sticking to My Pampered Chef Baking Stone?

We have owned a Pampered Chef baking stone for years and have loved cooking with it. We have always cared for it per the instructions, but have recently noticed that food items no longer slide off like they used to. When we cook a frozen pizza, it sticks all the way around the edges and has to be loosed before it will slide off. What caused this to happen and what can we do to remedy the situation? Thanks!

By Randy from Sioux City, IA

Best Answer

If you have a self-cleaning oven, just put the stone in when you clean your oven and it comes out like new.

Best Answer

Try not to use soap on a stone, but you can use baking soda. What I do is, make a paste of baking soda and water, then I spread it on the stone and let it sit in a low heat oven setting, say 150 to 200 til the paste becomes dry, then I take it out and scrap with the scraper. If your stone has a "lip" around the sides, you can add a little more water to the mixture. Continue to do this til all the baked on oil is scraped off. To prevent access oil from building up, add a little salt to your everyday cleaning of the stone.

The food is sticking to the oil that has built up. I scrub mine with a green pot scrubber pad and lots of soap everytime I wash it. Nothing sticks to it ever. Give it a shot!

I don't know much about a pampered chef stone but sprinkling corn meal on my pizza stone keeps food from sticking.

Pikka, thank you for that tip. I did not know you could do that!

If you read the instructions for your stone, you will see that you should not ever wash your stone with soap. The stones are porous and the soap will get into the pores. When you cook, it comes out and your food will taste like soap.

If the food isn't sliding off, all I do is pour olive oil all over the stone and put it into the oven on 250 for 20 minutes or so. It always helps me.

Baking a pizza on a baking stone.
Using a Baking Stone
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsApril 22, 2011
Chef Salad
Chef Salad Recipes
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Casserole Dish
Freezing Pampered Chef Casserole Dishes
Pampered Chef Stoneware
Cleaning Pampered Chef Stoneware