Cooking Spaghetti Squash

How do you cook spaghetti squash?

By Cindy

Best Answer

I just slice it open in several pieces like you would a cantaloupe and boil them in water. Once it's soft, drain water. Let cool a bit and then peel away the outer skin. Add your favorite sauce.

Best Answer

I wash it, poke holes in it, and microwave it for about 8 minutes.

Best Answer

I like to cut it lengthwise in half and seed it, carefully though you don't want to loose too many strands. Then into the oven at 350 degrees F for about a half hour, cut side down. Let cool enough to handle, then scrape the insides with a fork to make your "spaghetti" strands. Toss with your favorite sauce or maybe some olive oil, garlic, feta. SO good! Enjoy

Best Answer

I grow spaghetti squash and have tons all summer. My favorite recipe is to cut length wise, spoon out seeds, score the squash, apply a mixture of butter or a healthy spread and brown sugar and a little pumpkin pie spice.

Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until tender. You may also cover with foil instead of plastic wrap and bake on 350 until tender. This is requested for all the family gatherings during the summer.

Thank you all so much. I can't wait to try these ideas. Going to be the next veggie I have our family try.

Spaghetti Squash cut in half with one half shredded
Cooking Spaghetti Squash
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesJune 13, 2010
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
summer squash
Drying Squash
🎄