Gluten Free Spaghetti Squash

Category Dieting
A great substitute for spaghetti noodles is this squash. This page contains gluten free spaghetti squash.

I can't have spaghetti pasta as it contains wheat. A friend told me about spaghetti squash and I tried it. It's a great substitute for pasta and I love the taste. I am able to enjoy eating spaghetti again.

• 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • McCormick Italian style spaghetti sauce mix flavored with mushrooms
  • 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste

Directions:

Using a large sharp knife, cut spaghetti squash in half and spoon out the seeds. If desired, rub it with a little olive oil and sprinkle salt and garlic powder on squash. Lay cut side down in baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees F. until it is tender. When it is cool enough to handle, rake the insides out with a fork.

It comes out looking like spaghetti pasta.

Sauce: Brown 1 pound of lean hamburger and drain. In large saucepan, prepare Spaghetti Sauce mix as directed on package and then add the hamburger. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes stirring often.

Place squash on plate, pour sauce over it and serve.

You can search how to prepare spaghetti squash on the Internet and use your favorite Spaghetti Sauce. I freeze the leftover sauce but any left over Spaghetti Squash can be refrigerated and eaten 4-5 days later. I had a serving for lunch and the taste was the same as when it was fresh. I have not tried freezing it.

By littergitter from NC

I would like to add this to my posting. Spaghetti squash has approximately 42 calories per cup. Pasta has over 200 calories per cup. Spaghetti squash counts as a vegetable serving when dieting.