Making Liquid Soap from Leftover Bar Soap

How do I make liquid soap out of slivers of bar soap?

By Monica

When I was growing up Mom always had a quart mason jar filled with water and soap "scraps". She would just let the soaps dissolve in the water. When any liquid soap was removed from the jar, she would add enough water to fill the jar again. If she had only patented that idea we wouldn't have had to been so frugal.

My husband goes through a bar of soap every few days because he uses it like a washcloth. (I use a washcloth so my soap lasts a long time, but there's no changing 64 years of habit, I guess.) I keep a quart jar that I put his soap slivers and water in, and I refill all my liquid soap dispensers in the kitchen, laundry room, and bathrooms every few weeks with the liquid soap it produces.

I use a funnel to make it easy to transfer. To keep it from being slimy and stringy, I put a few squirts of cheap liquid hand soap in each container when I refill it. I get that at the dollar store or on the sale aisle of the grocery store, and a bottle will last a long time. The soap is creamy, but not slimy.

I'll fill the dispenser half to 3/4 full, and then add water, and then add a little water to the quart jar. I figure I save about $15 a month doing this.

Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Crafts Soap MakingAugust 29, 2010
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎉
🎄