Great Fudge Making Tip

Fudge is easier to cut if you first remove it from the pan. You can do this with a little preparation ahead of time. Butter your pan, and then lay a strip of waxed paper across the pan about 4 - 6 inches wide and long enough to stick out over the edge on each side. Press it down against the buttered pan. Pour your cooked fudge in and let it cool. Invert the pan onto a cutting board or a cookie sheet. Grab the waxed paper "handles" and pull gently. The fudge will drop out of the pan. Lift the pan off and it is ready to cut. No digging out the first couple pieces.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

That is an ingenious tip! I plan to give it to my sister who makes fudge to give as Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing, and Happy Holidays!

WOW! Wish I had known about this tip before my mom made 10 batches of peanut butter fudge! She can't ever get them out of the pans so I do it for her. And your right just digging those first pieces out is a bear. I will tell her about this tip!

Fudge Making Tips
Fudge Making Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyNovember 28, 2006
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Maple Fudge
Maple Fudge Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes