Crows Monopolize Bird Feeder

I feed the birds, but the crows seem to take over the bird feeder. I see them throwing the seeds on the ground and eating the good stuff. I don't mind feeding the crows, but how can I stop them from taking over?

By Nan from Cocoa Beach, FL

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Since the answer may be location specific, I'll say I live in a suburb of Washington, DC. I had the same problem with crows monopolizing my feeders filled with sunflower seed and mixed bird seed. I switched to safflower and nyjer seed and the crows left. When I added feeders with suet and sunflower seed to those with safflower and nyjer seed, the crows came back. I plan to switch back to just safflower and nyjer seed next.

black crow
Getting Rid of Crows
Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJune 19, 2010
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:19:00 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.