Reuse Plastic from Mailings

The magazines I receive often come in plastic bags, and I find that if I am very careful and cut them at the top, I can re-use them around the house. Same with the plastic bags samples come in and so on. Better than into the landfill! Saves money, too.

By Pamphyila

Good idea! We get a lot of small plastic bags with hubby's Meals on Wheels. I tend to use them to wrap solid and semi-solid garbage that's likely to get smelly before we can get it out the door, whether to the outside cans or the curb.

In our city, residents are asked to take their plastic shopping bags and plastic newspaper and magazine wraps back to the grocery stores, Target, WalMart, etc. for recycling. The stores either bundle them in-house or truck them to their warehouse facilities where they are then shipped to recycling facilities to be made into more bags or other items (such as toys). If more folks would take their plastic bags back to their stores, the landfills would sure benefit, our country would benefit because plastic bags are made from an oil derivative and the savings would help us become less dependent on other countries, and the millions of birds, fish, and small animals who get caught in the torn-up bags would definitely benefit!

Yellow Plastic Container on White Background
Uses for Plastic Packaging
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 21, 2011
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cupcake Liners
Uses for Cupcake Liner Container
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops