Summer Home Safety

Even during hot weather, make sure you lock your doors at night. Put poles in your sliding glass doors so no one can push them open. Install deadbolt locks in all major outside doors. Have motion detector lights outside. If you have a fenced yard, make sure you have locks on your gates that open with only a key or combination.

By Mythi from Silverdale WA

good advice -thanks - I didn't have a pole in my sliding glass door.

Wow! I guess I'll start shutting my doors at night!

I've gone a step further by keeping my doors both locked and barred with a 2'x4' because, there have been several cases of unlawful entry/theft in the daytime, and while the owners are home! This is the ultimate insult. To not be safe at any time of the day or night, and to have to live like a prisoner in many ways! Keep those doors, windows, screens, and a/c window unit openings sealed, locked and bolted all of the time, even if you are about to leave or expect someone home soon. When leaving, close all drapes so thieves cannot see what you have that they can break in and take. It could be a life/death difference. It only takes a single second to destroy a home, steal a handbag, or kill a person. I sleep well at night because I know that as I do my best in these areas. "Be as gentle as doves, but as alert as a serpent!" God bless and keep each one of you and us. : )

Smoke Alarm About to go Off
Home Safety
Better Living Safety HomeAugust 29, 2007
Growing Summer Blooming Bulbs
Barbecue Food Safety
Barbecue Food Safety Tips
Night Safety Pedestrian Crossing
Night Safety Tips
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety