My Frugal LifeFrugal Living

My Frugal Life: A Fan of ThriftyFun

I have been thifty all my adult life. I had my first child at 19 years of age, with 2 more that followed 5 years apart. My Frugal LifeI found myself using more and more store coupons, bought the childrens school clothing at a particular thrift store and at a discount store named Bradley's in NJ that has since closed down. We have stopped using fuel oil and use either our oven or small oil heaters to heat our home, moving the heaters from room to room if necessary.

I found this Thrifty site by accident one day while surfing and I am so glad I did. It offers more than thrifty tips, it is a life-saver. Recently I had trouble with my septic tank and immediately looked up on your site what to do for the problem. It was a relief finding the answer and has saved me $2000.00 to $5000.00 dollars with the results that I found to help me. This site is not only helpful but makes you think about more ways to save money, time and energy in a busy life. I know I'm supposed to write about my thriftiness but I just want to say thank you thrifty tips for all you do. Your site is fantastic and I'm not kidding.

Dee from Jacksonville, North Carolina

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Wow -thriftyfun helped you save that much! Great! Information is power, they say...

I agree! I come here every day.It is by far the friendliest and has the most most extensive thrify ideas of any other site. I absolutely LOVE all the recipes,too. And it's easy to navigate. My favorite place to visit :)

Thats brilliant Dee!

Any time I have a problem, whether it be stains or craft ideas, I come to Thrifty Fun, its great!

Its excellent that such wonderful people are willing to share their experiences and what works and what doesn't!

Please discontinue the practice of using small oil heaters to heat your house. Any savings that you may encounter are not worth your life due to risk of fire and/or carbon monoxide poisining.

You're so right, Dee. This is a terrific site. :)

I too look forward everyday for ThriftyFun email. I feel like we're all a part of a big happy family. We're a military family (all guys, except me) & I feel lonely when my husband is deployed & with you guys I feel among family. Thank you all & GOD bless each one of you