Spike (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier?)

This is Spike. He is 1 1/2 years old now but 2 months in this picture. He is a Chihuahua and maybe Rat Terrier. I got him for Valentine's Day because my first Chihuahua, who is a female, fell in love with my husband and he joking said maybe I needed a male Chihuahua to love on me.

He chases a rubber ball but he doesn't like to give it up, he just likes to tease you with it and squeak it in your ear when you're not paying him enough attention. We tell him to love on Meche (our female) and he nibbles and licks all over her ear and head even though she is much older than him and not very tolerant of him, possibly because he is not pure Chihuahua and so much bigger than her. He weighs 10 lbs and she weighs 4 lbs.

By Evey from Manvel, TX

He'sa cute as he can be! I bet that Meche really loves him but doesn't want to let him know it. Give both of them a big hug and kiss for me. Thanks for sharing Spike with us and God bless you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He looks alot like my Chi, Jackson Fletcher. Chis come in alot of sizes. My two are smaller ones; Jackson is about 3# and Maggie Mae is 4.5#. They are some of the smaller ones. I have also had bigger Chis. They are young here. Maggie was about 2 and Jackson 1yr. I have had several chi mixes and Happy was some sort of small terrier and Chihuahua. She weighed about 10-12#. They are very much my babies!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Spike is adorable! We've also got a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix, her ears are flop a little to. Adorable mix init? That's just a lovely photo! :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He looks alot like my chihuahuas that I know are full blood. You sure he's mixed? I raised chihuahuas for years and still have some.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

BTY he is adorable, I just love those little faces!

Reply Like this photo? Yes