Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

Microfiber is a favorite upholstery for furniture. Because it is generally used on couches and chairs, it is subjected to a lot of use and abuse. This is a guide about cleaning microfiber furniture.

June 12, 2012 Flag

Microfiber is polyester based so most things can be used to clean polyester. If your couch has a tag: W means you can use water based cleaner, S means you can use a solvent cleaner, S-W means you can use both, and X means vacuum only.

For S-W fabrics: Use a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water in equal parts, or vodka (a clear alcohol). The fabric usually becomes hard after cleaning, so gently scrub with a soft scrub brush. It will fluff up the fabric to make it soft again.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Microsuede footstool

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cleaning microsuede furniture. While possibly easier to clean than its leather inspiration, the nap on micro suede does require some care when cleaning.

Close up of microfiber chair with water spots

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about water spots on a micro fiber couch. Water marks on microfiber are either the result of previous cleaning attempts or a spill. It is easy to remove them and have your couch looking great again.

Steam cleaning a couch

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about using a steam cleaner on microfiber. Steam cleaning is a great way to tackle many household cleaning jobs without the use of chemical cleaners.

Kitten laying on couch with a pen

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cleaning ink on microfiber furniture. Removing an ink stain on microfiber furniture is generally successful if you use the right product and method.

Woman with laptop and phone sitting across a rust colored armchair.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about washing microfiber cushion covers. One way to keep your microfiber cushion covers clean is to wash them.

August 13, 2016 Flag

When cleaning my micro fiber couch, it seems the alcohol is making even more rings/spots. What should I do or try?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

due to the special materials used, you should use a specialised cleaner, such as this one: http://www.chem  p/cws_201_16.htm

April 29, 2011 Flag

How can I clean microfiber furniture? Most of the stain is skin oil, but there are other spills that I don't know what they are. I don't want to ruin the fabric.

By Michelle from USA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Natural cleaners can work wonders. Try club soda, leave it on for a few minutes, then blot. Or try vinegar and warm water. As for chemical cleaners try Dreft laundry spray. It is usually where the detergents are, or baby section. It is wonderful at lifting stains. I use on clothes also. Works better than the other spot removers, especially oily stains or "human stains" Test an area first to make sure it doesn't discolor. Good luck!

How do you clean a dried pop stain off of a microfiber couch?

By Tiffany from Casper, WY

The cleaning code on microfiber is W (water). Use warm water & a little mild soap only. No chemicals. I worked for La-Z-Boy for years & sold a LOT of microfiber.

April 8, 2010 Flag

I need info on how to clean a cream microsuede couch and love seat.

By Freda from Portsmouth, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We've had many different types of fabric on our furniture over the years, with kids and dogs, and microsuede is, by far, the easiest we have found to clean and maintain. I'm not sure where you are, but in Canada we have a product called ProSolve, which is a foam spray that comes in an aerosol can. If you need to spot clean, just spray it on the area, let it sit for a minute or two, and then rub with a clean sponge or cloth.

It will take out just about anything (including pen ink). I would think any spot-cleaning product would work just as well. You may find after spot-cleaning though that the area will be noticeable because the area around it doesn't look as clean. We have a small cleaning machine called a Green Machine that is perfect for cleaning sofa upholstery etc. Our sofa. love seat and chair is a light beige microsuede, we've had it for 5 years, and using the methods I've mentioned, it still looks like new!

November 23, 2009 Flag

Can anyone tell me how to get Carmex (lip balm) out of dark green micro fiber sofa. She tried a shampooer and it only made it worse. It is a large area as my niece's daughter smeared it all over herself and then rolled on the couch. Thanks.

By Nancy from Mokena, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My dog knocked a pan of vegetable oil off the stove, rolled in it and then rolled around on my brand new micro fiber couch to get it off. I used dawn dish soap mixed with water and a hard bristle brush and then used the attachment on my carpet cleaner to pull any left over water out, let it dry in the sun, no oil and no "water spots" appeared. Good Luck

May 30, 2011 Flag

Can I use Oxiclean on my microfiber couch?

By Renee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

On our couch, we use rubbing alcohol, the higher percentage the better. Dries quickly, and doesn't stain as water would.

February 12, 2015 Flag

How do I remove white spots from microfiber chairs?

By Ruth

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 19, 2012 Flag

I am looking for a homemade cleaner to clean my microfiber couch. I need suggestions to remove spots and pet odors from my microfiber couch.

By GK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used a microfiber cloth on mine worked great. My sister said she used a magic eraser and it worked great too.

March 20, 2012 Flag

I have a few ring stains on my micro fiber couch (from my little one's sippy cup). So far I have tried Resolve upholstery cleaner, but that did not help. Does anyone have a better idea?

By Erin J. from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try baby wipes. What color is it?

February 24, 2012 Flag

Our love seat and couch is microfiber and the whole thing needs to be cleaned. The arms are especially stained. Any good ideas to clean the entire couch and love seat?

By Marianne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would probably have it professionally cleaned, that way you wouldn't end up with mixed spots and stains. A solid color is awfully hard to keep clean and if in the cleaning process it gets more damp in some spots, you might get uneven degrees of clean.

October 29, 2011 Flag

I have the new microfiber on my chair and it collects every crumb and piece of lint! Is there any way to prevent this or clean it easily when it collects crumbs.

By Denise C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I hate my microfiber recliner. I have purchased a cover for it, but I did use window spray on a rag to clean for a while. But the dirt just got worse and worse. I'll never buy microfiber again!

July 3, 2014 Flag

How do I get red Kool-Aid out of micro fiber?

By Karen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 17, 2014 Flag

How do I clean puppy pee from a microfiber couch? Please help.

By Sylwia O.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 24, 2014 Flag

I have everyday usage soil stains and blood stains from my dog. What can I use that won't harm the fabric protection I had put on it when I purchased it?

By Vicki S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 9, 2014 Flag

How do we get out puppy pee from our micro weave furniture covers?

By JRB

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 20, 2010 Flag

I have a male dog that likes to get on my microfiber couch. At times he leaves little white stains. How can I get this to come out? All I have tried was water and dish detergent, that did nothing. Please help.

By Tracy from WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try babywipes. I prefer huggies! I have a bulldog and he drools all over the couch. Somehow his eye boogies get on there too. Baby wipes have taken blood out of the couch too!

August 2, 2010 Flag

I have a microfiber sofa and love seat, that are two months old. The color is beige. I have no problems getting stains out. My husband has a woodshop and sawdust gets on the furniture. How can I get it off? I have tried to vacuum it, but it just does not come off. I have to take a damp towel and almost beat the sofa to make the dust come off. My cushions are not removable. Any help would be appreciated.

By RachelleD from LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you figured out any thing? I have a similar problem.

November 11, 2013 Flag

I have washed my microfiber cushion covers in the washing machine, but there are still round stains on the covers. How do I get the stains out of my cushion covers?

By Justina

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I keep off white microfiber furniture from getting dirty and stained?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 14, 2012
Cleaning Water Spots on a Microfiber Couch
Microsuede footstool
Cleaning Microsuede Furniture
Washing Microfiber Cushion Covers
Steam cleaning a couch
Using a Steam Cleaner on Microfiber
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 7:29:07 AM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.