Browsing: Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

Microfiber is a favorite upholstery for furniture. Because it is generally used on couches and chairs, it is subjected to a lot of use and abuse. This is a guide about cleaning microfiber furniture.

Brown microfiber couch.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 25, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning microsuede furniture. While possibly easier to clean than its leather inspiration, the nap on micro suede does require some care when cleaning.

Microsuede footstool

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about water spots on a micro fiber couch. Water marks on microfiber are either the result of previous cleaning attempts or a spill. It is easy to remove them and have your couch looking great again.

Close up of microfiber chair with water spots

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about using a steam cleaner on microfiber. Steam cleaning is a great way to tackle many household cleaning jobs without the use of chemical cleaners.

Steam cleaning a couch

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning ink on microfiber furniture. Removing an ink stain on microfiber furniture is generally successful if you use the right product and method.

Kitten laying on couch with a pen

August 13, 2016 Flag

When cleaning my micro fiber couch, it seems the alcohol is making even more rings/spots. What should I do or try?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 22, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about washing microfiber cushion covers. One way to keep your microfiber cushion covers clean is to wash them.

Woman with laptop and phone sitting across a rust colored armchair.

June 12, 2012 Flag

Microfiber is polyester based so most things can be used to clean polyester. If your couch has a tag: W means you can use water based cleaner, S means you can use a solvent cleaner, S-W means you can use both, and X means vacuum only.

For S-W fabrics: Use a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water in equal parts, or vodka (a clear alcohol). The fabric usually becomes hard after cleaning, so gently scrub with a soft scrub brush. It will fluff up the fabric to make it soft again.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

April 29, 2011 Flag

How can I clean microfiber furniture? Most of the stain is skin oil, but there are other spills that I don't know what they are. I don't want to ruin the fabric.

By Michelle from USA

Natural cleaners can work wonders. Try club soda, leave it on for a few minutes, then blot. Or try vinegar and warm water. As for chemical cleaners try Dreft laundry spray. It is usually where the detergents are, or baby section. It is wonderful at lifting stains. I use on clothes also. Works better than the other spot removers, especially oily stains or "human stains" Test an area first to make sure it doesn't discolor. Good luck!

Believe it or not I have used those small packages on single "Shout" stain cleaners. Those things seem to work on everything. Good luck.

May 5, 2010 Flag

How do you clean a dried pop stain off of a microfiber couch?

By Tiffany from Casper, WY

The cleaning code on microfiber is W (water). Use warm water & a little mild soap only. No chemicals. I worked for La-Z-Boy for years & sold a LOT of microfiber.

50/50 vinegar and water

if still there, sprinkle with baking soda and then a little vinegar

It will fizz and get it out. Rinse well or it will bleach over time.

April 8, 2010 Flag

I need info on how to clean a cream microsuede couch and love seat.

By Freda from Portsmouth, VA

We've had many different types of fabric on our furniture over the years, with kids and dogs, and microsuede is, by far, the easiest we have found to clean and maintain. I'm not sure where you are, but in Canada we have a product called ProSolve, which is a foam spray that comes in an aerosol can. If you need to spot clean, just spray it on the area, let it sit for a minute or two, and then rub with a clean sponge or cloth.

It will take out just about anything (including pen ink). I would think any spot-cleaning product would work just as well. You may find after spot-cleaning though that the area will be noticeable because the area around it doesn't look as clean. We have a small cleaning machine called a Green Machine that is perfect for cleaning sofa upholstery etc. Our sofa. love seat and chair is a light beige microsuede, we've had it for 5 years, and using the methods I've mentioned, it still looks like new!

After working for La-Z-Boy furniture, I can tell you the only thing ever recommended was soap & warm water. The cleaning code for Microfiber is W (water). Be very careful with chemicals and solvents, they can destroy the fabric. Never go near Microfiber with something like nail polish remover, it will eat it up.

November 23, 2009 Flag

Can anyone tell me how to get Carmex (lip balm) out of dark green micro fiber sofa. She tried a shampooer and it only made it worse. It is a large area as my niece's daughter smeared it all over herself and then rolled on the couch. Thanks.

By Nancy from Mokena, IL

My dog knocked a pan of vegetable oil off the stove, rolled in it and then rolled around on my brand new micro fiber couch to get it off. I used dawn dish soap mixed with water and a hard bristle brush and then used the attachment on my carpet cleaner to pull any left over water out, let it dry in the sun, no oil and no "water spots" appeared. Good Luck

Nancy,

I am assuming that lip balm is wax based, if so an old issue of good housekeeping magazine suggested using an iron and kraft paper to get wax out of fabric. I would suggest using a low heat on the back of the couch as I am not familiar with what microfibre fabric is, if it does not harm the fabric it would be worth trying the above suggestion on a small corner of the stain, and deciding whether or not to continue

Hope this helps. Hugs, Cinnamon

August 19, 2012 Flag

I am looking for a homemade cleaner to clean my microfiber couch. I need suggestions to remove spots and pet odors from my microfiber couch.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 14, 2012
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:17:41 AM on 10.0.1.17 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.