Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

Microfiber is a favorite upholstery for furniture. Because it is generally used on couches and chairs, it is subjected to a lot of use and abuse. This is a guide about cleaning microfiber furniture.

September 25, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning microsuede furniture. While possibly easier to clean than its leather inspiration, the nap on micro suede does require some care when cleaning.

Microsuede footstool

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about water spots on a micro fiber couch. Water marks on microfiber are either the result of previous cleaning attempts or a spill. It is easy to remove them and have your couch looking great again.

Close up of microfiber chair with water spots

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about using a steam cleaner on microfiber. Steam cleaning is a great way to tackle many household cleaning jobs without the use of chemical cleaners.

Steam cleaning a couch

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning ink on microfiber furniture. Removing an ink stain on microfiber furniture is generally successful if you use the right product and method.

Kitten laying on couch with a pen

June 12, 2012 Flag

Microfiber is polyester based so most things can be used to clean polyester. If your couch has a tag: W means you can use water based cleaner, S means you can use a solvent cleaner, S-W means you can use both, and X means vacuum only.

For S-W fabrics: Use a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water in equal parts, or vodka (a clear alcohol). The fabric usually becomes hard after cleaning, so gently scrub with a soft scrub brush. It will fluff up the fabric to make it soft again.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

March 22, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about washing microfiber cushion covers. One way to keep your microfiber cushion covers clean is to wash them.

Woman with laptop and phone sitting across a rust colored armchair.

April 29, 2011 Flag

How can I clean microfiber furniture? Most of the stain is skin oil, but there are other spills that I don't know what they are. I don't want to ruin the fabric.

By Michelle from USA

Natural cleaners can work wonders. Try club soda, leave it on for a few minutes, then blot. Or try vinegar and warm water. As for chemical cleaners try Dreft laundry spray. It is usually where the detergents are, or baby section. It is wonderful at lifting stains. I use on clothes also. Works better than the other spot removers, especially oily stains or "human stains" Test an area first to make sure it doesn't discolor. Good luck!

May 5, 2010 Flag

How do you clean a dried pop stain off of a microfiber couch?

By Tiffany from Casper, WY

The cleaning code on microfiber is W (water). Use warm water & a little mild soap only. No chemicals. I worked for La-Z-Boy for years & sold a LOT of microfiber.

April 8, 2010 Flag

I need info on how to clean a cream microsuede couch and love seat.

By Freda from Portsmouth, VA

We've had many different types of fabric on our furniture over the years, with kids and dogs, and microsuede is, by far, the easiest we have found to clean and maintain. I'm not sure where you are, but in Canada we have a product called ProSolve, which is a foam spray that comes in an aerosol can. If you need to spot clean, just spray it on the area, let it sit for a minute or two, and then rub with a clean sponge or cloth.

It will take out just about anything (including pen ink). I would think any spot-cleaning product would work just as well. You may find after spot-cleaning though that the area will be noticeable because the area around it doesn't look as clean. We have a small cleaning machine called a Green Machine that is perfect for cleaning sofa upholstery etc. Our sofa. love seat and chair is a light beige microsuede, we've had it for 5 years, and using the methods I've mentioned, it still looks like new!

November 23, 2009 Flag

Can anyone tell me how to get Carmex (lip balm) out of dark green micro fiber sofa. She tried a shampooer and it only made it worse. It is a large area as my niece's daughter smeared it all over herself and then rolled on the couch. Thanks.

By Nancy from Mokena, IL

My dog knocked a pan of vegetable oil off the stove, rolled in it and then rolled around on my brand new micro fiber couch to get it off. I used dawn dish soap mixed with water and a hard bristle brush and then used the attachment on my carpet cleaner to pull any left over water out, let it dry in the sun, no oil and no "water spots" appeared. Good Luck

August 19, 2012 Flag

I am looking for a homemade cleaner to clean my microfiber couch. I need suggestions to remove spots and pet odors from my microfiber couch.

By GK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used a microfiber cloth on mine worked great. My sister said she used a magic eraser and it worked great too.

March 20, 2012 Flag

I have a few ring stains on my micro fiber couch (from my little one's sippy cup). So far I have tried Resolve upholstery cleaner, but that did not help. Does anyone have a better idea?

By Erin J. from Chicago, IL

Try baby wipes. What color is it?

February 24, 2012 Flag

Our love seat and couch is microfiber and the whole thing needs to be cleaned. The arms are especially stained. Any good ideas to clean the entire couch and love seat?

By Marianne

I would probably have it professionally cleaned, that way you wouldn't end up with mixed spots and stains. A solid color is awfully hard to keep clean and if in the cleaning process it gets more damp in some spots, you might get uneven degrees of clean.

October 29, 2011 Flag

I have the new microfiber on my chair and it collects every crumb and piece of lint! Is there any way to prevent this or clean it easily when it collects crumbs.

By Denise C.

I hate my microfiber recliner. I have purchased a cover for it, but I did use window spray on a rag to clean for a while. But the dirt just got worse and worse. I'll never buy microfiber again!

May 30, 2011 Flag

Can I use Oxiclean on my microfiber couch?

By Renee

On our couch, we use rubbing alcohol, the higher percentage the better. Dries quickly, and doesn't stain as water would.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 14, 2012
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
🎉
🎄