Buy Catsup by the Gallon

My family uses a lot of catsup so I have saved a lot of bottles to refill. I then buy the gallon cans of catsup at Wal-Mart, refill my bottles and save a good bit of money and time!

By Lisa C.

I buy several items in gallon cans....sliced Ripe olives which I use in salads, Pasta salads,and on pizza. Once open, I transfer them to quart jars. No need to freeze them. They will keep a couple months or longer in the fridge. I just used the last of mine that I have had in the fridge for almost 4 months. Also buy pizza sauce and freeze it in smaller containers. I use yogurt containers or peanut butter jars for this. Mushrooms is another item that I use lots of in stir fries, casseroles, salads, and on pizza. I fill small containers with the mushrooms and cover with the liquid, leaving about 1/2 an inch or so headspace, label and freeze. Considering that a 4 Ounce can of mushrooms costs about 60 cents, and there are 16 four ounce servings in a gallon can that costs about $5.25, it is quite a savings.

Harlean from Arkansas

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 5, 2004
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Water Guns
Homemade Water Guns
Internet Advertising Trick
Avoiding Advertising Tricks
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:18:20 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.