Buy Catsup by the Gallon

My family uses a lot of catsup so I have saved a lot of bottles to refill. I then buy the gallon cans of catsup at Wal-Mart, refill my bottles and save a good bit of money and time!

By Lisa C.

I buy several items in gallon cans....sliced Ripe olives which I use in salads, Pasta salads,and on pizza. Once open, I transfer them to quart jars. No need to freeze them. They will keep a couple months or longer in the fridge. I just used the last of mine that I have had in the fridge for almost 4 months. Also buy pizza sauce and freeze it in smaller containers. I use yogurt containers or peanut butter jars for this. Mushrooms is another item that I use lots of in stir fries, casseroles, salads, and on pizza. I fill small containers with the mushrooms and cover with the liquid, leaving about 1/2 an inch or so headspace, label and freeze. Considering that a 4 Ounce can of mushrooms costs about 60 cents, and there are 16 four ounce servings in a gallon can that costs about $5.25, it is quite a savings.

Harlean from Arkansas

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 5, 2004
Milk Jug Birdfeeder
Milk Jug Bird Feeder
Milk Jug Ghost
Making a Milk Jug Ghost
Internet Advertising Trick
Avoiding Advertising Tricks
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs