Using Self Stick Vinyl Floor Tiles on a Shower Wall - Categories:

BathroomHome Improvement

Using Self Stick Vinyl Floor Tiles on a Shower Wall

Can you use self stick vinyl floor tiles on a shower wall?

By Christy from Alexandria, LA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I don't know, but I used some for grease protection back behind a stove (it sat out far from the wall) once in a house I owned. Sure easy to clean! I would imagine you would need some really heavy duty glue (over and beyond the self stick part) and maybe you should use good quality tiles so it would be more durable.

I kind of doubt it. I used self-stick tiles on our bathroom floor, and when some water sloshed out of the tub, it loosened the glue and caused them to shift. I wish I'd used linoleum, now.

You could try it, but why do you want to do that. It would be a bear to remove them.

No! There is nothing that seals the cracks between the tiles. Water would get in and the tiles would be damaged. But before they would fall apart, they'd get full of mold. This would be more trouble than it would be worth. A tub surround kit would work much better and be less trouble in the long run. It may even be cheaper than buying all those tiles.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomJune 15, 2010
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 6, 2016 at 11:51:17 PM on 10.0.2.189 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.