Removing Hawaiian Punch Stain From Carpet

How do I get a Hawaiian Punch stain out of carpet?

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Marnita Arner 14 33 08/11/2008

Sharen, I would give Spot Shot a try. I have used it on many a carpet stain with 100% success. It's in a blue and orange can. You can find it at most grocery stores, Target, and Wal-Mart. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Marty 7 60 08/12/2008

I use regular window cleaner to remove red juice stains from my beige carpet. Saturate the area with the window cleaner and blot. Repeat as necessary, it usually takes a few times Don't rub, just blot.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Hope This Helps (Guest Post) 08/12/2008

My son just moved out of a house that had light beige carpeting. A few months ago his daughter spilled a glass of fruit punch on the carpeting. The owner said you can't move out until the stain is GONE! So I scoured the internet for them and found a tip that my daughter in law said worked perfectly. You take a small amount of dishwashing liquid and mix some with water in a spray bottle. Squirt the area well. Put a towel over the area. Take a warm/medium heat iron and set the iron on top of the towel and leave it for a few minutes. The fiber releases the red dye into the towel. If these instructions aren't specific enough, you can look this remedy up on the internet. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Enter Addie (Guest Post) 08/14/2008

Try club soda to remove your stains. It works wonderful for all stains from A-Z

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By MichelleD 1 06/26/2010

The above advice about the dishwashing liquid and water spray with the iron WORKS!!!!! It was like a magic trick. I had been trying with Spot Shot which got the stain to a hot pink color on my beige carpeting. Then I tried another suggestion which seemed to lighten it to a slightly lighter pink.
So I thought, what the heck, I'll try this other trick and I was stunned. It all ended up on the towel!! I could actually smell the punch too.
Do this first!
Thank you to whomever posted that! You saved my family room carpeting!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Danielle 01/05/2011

This worked! I cannot believe this worked! I've tried everything and I mean everything to get this fruit punch stain out and nothing worked. I had given up and had come to terms with loosing some of my security deposit. Now I am all set! Thank you so much to the person who suggested the spray bottle and iron!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Xtine 07/22/2012

The answer to "Hope This Works" is incredible! I used carbonated water, a white towel, and a medium-warm iron. Magic! Thank you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sheila T. 11/23/2013

Wow, it just worked! I googled and got to this page, and thought it was worth a try. I didn't even have Dawn; I just used the dishwashing soap I had on hand, along with warm water in a spray bottle. I was generous with the soap (call me paranoid). I set the iron on medium setting, and waited, and was SO relieved! I rent, and when you rent, living with carpets is a nightmare. This made my life so much easier!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Monster B. 09/16/2015

As soon as i spilled the stain i just rubbed some handsoap on it and it was gone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lorna N. 09/19/2015

I tried using some Dawn detergent and hot water, spraying the carpet, laid an old white towel on top of it and letting a hot iron sit on it for about 30 seconds. As I lifted the towel, I could see the red Hawaiian punch sticking to the towel! It worked so well. I just kept moving the towel and laying the hot iron down on it until the whole stain was now on the towel and not the carpet. What a miracle that is!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No