Removing Hawaiian Punch Stain From Carpet

How do I get a Hawaiian Punch stain out of carpet?

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Sharen, I would give Spot Shot a try. I have used it on many a carpet stain with 100% success. It's in a blue and orange can. You can find it at most grocery stores, Target, and Wal-Mart. Good luck!

I use regular window cleaner to remove red juice stains from my beige carpet. Saturate the area with the window cleaner and blot. Repeat as necessary, it usually takes a few times Don't rub, just blot.

My son just moved out of a house that had light beige carpeting. A few months ago his daughter spilled a glass of fruit punch on the carpeting. The owner said you can't move out until the stain is GONE! So I scoured the internet for them and found a tip that my daughter in law said worked perfectly. You take a small amount of dishwashing liquid and mix some with water in a spray bottle. Squirt the area well. Put a towel over the area. Take a warm/medium heat iron and set the iron on top of the towel and leave it for a few minutes. The fiber releases the red dye into the towel. If these instructions aren't specific enough, you can look this remedy up on the internet. Good luck!

Sharon,

Try club soda to remove your stains. It works wonderful for all stains from A-Z

The above advice about the dishwashing liquid and water spray with the iron WORKS!!!!! It was like a magic trick. I had been trying with Spot Shot which got the stain to a hot pink color on my beige carpeting. Then I tried another suggestion which seemed to lighten it to a slightly lighter pink.

So I thought, what the heck, I'll try this other trick and I was stunned. It all ended up on the towel!! I could actually smell the punch too.

Do this first!

Thank you to whomever posted that! You saved my family room carpeting!

This worked! I cannot believe this worked! I've tried everything and I mean everything to get this fruit punch stain out and nothing worked. I had given up and had come to terms with loosing some of my security deposit. Now I am all set! Thank you so much to the person who suggested the spray bottle and iron!

The answer to "Hope This Works" is incredible! I used carbonated water, a white towel, and a medium-warm iron. Magic! Thank you!

Wow, it just worked! I googled and got to this page, and thought it was worth a try. I didn't even have Dawn; I just used the dishwashing soap I had on hand, along with warm water in a spray bottle. I was generous with the soap (call me paranoid). I set the iron on medium setting, and waited, and was SO relieved! I rent, and when you rent, living with carpets is a nightmare. This made my life so much easier!

As soon as i spilled the stain i just rubbed some handsoap on it and it was gone.

I tried using some Dawn detergent and hot water, spraying the carpet, laid an old white towel on top of it and letting a hot iron sit on it for about 30 seconds. As I lifted the towel, I could see the red Hawaiian punch sticking to the towel! It worked so well. I just kept moving the towel and laying the hot iron down on it until the whole stain was now on the towel and not the carpet. What a miracle that is!!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetAugust 11, 2008
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 5:38:03 AM on 10.0.0.64 in 265 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.