Browsing: What Are the Best Selling Crafts This Year?

What Are The Best Selling Crafts This Year?

I am a young adult and I love crafting new creations, but I would like to turn my creations into some extra cash. Any ideas on crafts and then how to sell them?

By mrscrafty from Phoenix, AZ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

What is popular will depend on where you plan on marketing them. It will also depend on your talents. There is a web site, I think it is called etsy.com where people sell their products, then a lot of people do the craft shows. There is a young woman in AZ that I have known since she was a newborn, that has crafted her own aromatherapy products, makes polymer clay stuff and teaches classes on that, plus she also makes some sterling products. She has her own website where she sells the products. She is in her early 40s. I think a lot depends on pure good luck.

Best Answer

From my observations of being an "etsy addict", I'd have to say the best selling crafts are: scrabble tile necklaces, hair bows and any kind of hair bow type item and jewelry, particularly sterling silver. Go check out etsy and get some ideas.

Best Answer

Hi mrscrafty, let me say that you are one step ahead due to the fact that you love making crafts! If you have not tried to sell anything yet, I think some good ways to get your "feet wet", so to speak, would be getting into some things like bazaars. Spring is right around the corner and many towns have outlets that put these on such as church's. You just rent a table (most charge a minimal fee like $5 or $10). It's a great way to be among people and other crafters. You can see what is "hot" and sells and make some money of your own.

I don't know the type of area you live in, but check out things like flea markets also. You can also rent a table at most of them outside for a minimal fee. I have even had garage sales to sell crafts. Just advertise it with the other garage sales in your local paper and list it as "Crafts" so people will know. May I make a suggestion? Along with making what's hot... try to make something that is your own unique idea. It not only will give you a great sense of pride but you may be the next "Martha"! Don't sell yourself short. Good luck and keep crafting!

Accessories and hand bags

Couple looking at crafts at an outdoor market
What Are the Best Selling Crafts This Year?
Crafts AdviceFebruary 26, 2011
Glass Block
Selling Glass Block Crafts
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
pink and white bag rug
Selling Recycled Bag Rugs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 4:49:45 PM on 10.0.0.48 in 641 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.