Naya (Chocolate Lab)

contest winner icon

Naya is a 10 week old chocolate Lab. We had the pick of the litter and we chose her. We visited her weekly, she was the runt of the litter. When the other puppies eyes opened, hers did not. She went to the vet, was given a prescription of eye drops, and they were told to massage the eyes. Her eyes still didn't open, and it was beginning to look like maybe they weren't fully developed. We had already fallen in love with her, and decided to adopt her anyway.

She went to our vet after we brought her home, and she is blind. What "eye" she does have, there isn't much there. But, other than that she is a healthy, beautiful chocolate Lab! At 10 weeks, she knows the commands "sit", "come", "down" and "stop". She also know the command "careful" means she is going to run into to something. She is learning "No bite"! We have scented our back door, and she is pretty much housetrained. She has "mapped out" our house now, and doesn't bump into things, unless you have moved something! She knows where her bowls are, where all her toys are, and how to find and torment her older sister "Bella", a 5 year old black Lab! She has been an absolute joy and we are so thankful she came into our lives!

She loves to go to the field, where big sister "Bella" plays Frisbee. She has lots of room to run safely. She runs right to us when we tell her "Come Naya!" When she gets close to us, running all out, we give the command "Stop". She stops immediately, and sits or lays down. She is such an intelligent girl!

Her favorite indoor play is her ball that has a bell in it. She always finds it somehow, and brings it back to me to throw it again. She sleeps and constantly plays with her new fluffy, soft stuffed dog "Puppy". Her favorite stuffed toy that is the same size as her. Big toys are easier for her to find!

By Connie from Kane, PA

Your story of Naya is heartwarming and I enjoyed reading about her. I sense you've given a lot of attention and time to Naya and she's come through with flying colors. I'm very happy for Naya. The easy adjustment she's made because of your thoughtful ways of helping her has made her one happy girl.

What a beautiful girl. I am so happy that she has such a loving family to care for her. I wish I could pet her and love on her. Please give her a kiss for me.

Now that's a cute pup!!!

What a beautiful baby. Bless you and your family for taking such good care of her!

Oh, what a cute little bundle of sweet chocolate!

Naya is as lucky to have you, as you are to have her!

Give her a kiss for me also. This story touched my heart and made me cry. She is so beautiful and so lucky to have found your family, and your family is blessed to have this little bundle of joy!

I'm a sucker for a touching dog story and this is definitely one. You are a wonderful family and I hope everything continues to go well for you.

What a wonderful story. So much she can teach you about the truly important things in live. You are both blessed to have each other.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

I hope that you know how wonderful you are for accepting her as she is instead of rejecting her because of her disability. Which does not seem to be much of a disability for her. She's so cute. You are both lucky. Lucky isn't really the right word, but I hope you know what I mean.

Good for you! Naya will repay you every day with love. The world needs more people like you. Naya is a beautiful little girl, who is going to be a big girl soon!

This is truly a puppy love story. It's so inspiring! Both you and Naya have touched my heart. I 'm so glad you found each other . Thanks for sharing Naya with us!!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

What a wonderful, inspiring & special story. Naya is so sweet and is very blessed to have you in her life.

Heart warming story that made me tear up! What a love so pure and true. Your family and you along with Naya are so blessed. She is gorgeous and so happy to hear she has such a rich loving life. Thank you for sharing Naya with us, she will be in my heart. My doggie sends her kisses and lots of doggie loves. Give her kisses from us. And to Bella for being the big sis.

Close-up of a chocolate lab
Chocolate Labrador Retriever Photos
Photos Pets DogsAugust 19, 2009
Old Chemistry Equipment
Uses for Old Chemistry Equipment
Lab Mix
Lab Mix Photos and Information
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes
🎉
🎄