Squash Sardines Pancakes

Savory pancakes are not just a snack to my small family. We serve them in meals and the best is to pair them with hot steamed rice. This one I'm making is a kid friendly veggie pancake which I invented in my kitchen lab to trick my picky eater kid again! And it worked well.

• 400 g squash
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup sardines in tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • oil for cooking

1. Slice the squash very thinly and put in pan with bouillon cube, salt and pepper. Add water and cook over medium heat.
  2. Add minced garlic and continue to simmer until water is reduced or squash is soft.
  3. Drain boiled squash then mash with a fork.
  4. Pour the canned sardines and crack the egg over the mashed squash. Mix thoroughly.
  5. Add cornstarch and mix well until evenly combined. (You can use flour. I use cornstarch because it creates crunchy edge on the pancakes)
  6. Scoop some batter and fry until brown and edges are crisp. Flip when bubbles appear on top.
  7. Serve!
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksSeptember 11, 2020
🌻
🎂
🎃
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Squash-Sardines-Pancakes-1.html