Gathered Bag Pattern

I am looking for a gathered bag pattern like this bag. Anyone know where I can find one, free or not? I saw this bag on Burdastyle.com that this lady made but she had no pattern or measurements. I would like to make some of these.

Thanks,
Marian Poke from Danville, VA

I don't but if you come up with one I would like one also. That is really cute!

I saw one on the site, Home and Garden TV, in the sewing section, that looked very similar to this one and there were free instructions!

I don't have a pattern for this bag but I can tell that it is basically a long strip of fabric gathered onto two bands of fabric at 2 or 3 to 1 ratio. I would cut the bands to twice the length I wanted the bag to be wide, then cut the center strip 2 or 3 times that measurement.

Gather the center band on the top and bottom bands. After you have these 3 strips sewn together seam up the side and across the bottom. Then if you want a flat bottom, sew across the point and trim off the excess point.

Add a handle made with another strip of fabric and decorate with a button to finish off. I hope this helps you make this adorable bag.

Crafts ClothingJune 18, 2008
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 10:34:53 AM on 10.0.0.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.