ClothingCrafts

Gathered Bag Pattern

I am looking for a gathered bag pattern like this bag. Anyone know where I can find one, free or not? I saw this bag on Burdastyle.com that this lady made but she had no pattern or measurements. I would like to make some of these.

Thanks,
Marian Poke from Danville, VA

I don't but if you come up with one I would like one also. That is really cute!

I saw one on the site, Home and Garden TV, in the sewing section, that looked very similar to this one and there were free instructions!

I don't have a pattern for this bag but I can tell that it is basically a long strip of fabric gathered onto two bands of fabric at 2 or 3 to 1 ratio. I would cut the bands to twice the length I wanted the bag to be wide, then cut the center strip 2 or 3 times that measurement.

Gather the center band on the top and bottom bands. After you have these 3 strips sewn together seam up the side and across the bottom. Then if you want a flat bottom, sew across the point and trim off the excess point.

Add a handle made with another strip of fabric and decorate with a button to finish off. I hope this helps you make this adorable bag.