Problem With Eye - Floaters

I have recently developed a floater in my left eye (black spidery lines) which is very annoying. I have been to the opticians and doctors and they said there is not much I can do about it. Anyone else get these and is there anything that will help them go away.

Thanks,
Angela from UK

I've had them for years and, believe it or not, you get used to them and don't even think about them very often. They only bug me when I allow myself to dwell on them. I notice them more in lighter settings...sunlight and bright light colored rooms.

I've had floaters for what seems like an eternity. My optometrist says there is nothing that can be done about them. Like Luvyabye said, if you don't dwell on them, they don't bother you as much.

Ive had these for years and they are called tweeters. I have low blood sugar and they have in the past been a warning sign for migraine headaches. They start on one side of the eye sight and continue to the other side as they get larger. Mine have always been colored lines and there is a black hole in the middle. I have learned that if I sit in a quiet place and breathe through my nose and out my mouth, such as yoga breathing, it helps then to go away. Stress and/or a bad diet can also bring these on. Visit with your doctor and have him check your blood sugar. Never eat a candy bar to get your sugar level up, eating nuts or apples are a good source to help out with this problem. Good luck, I know what youre going through.

Angela, Hi my name is Amanda. I just went to the eye dr friday sept 23. I am extremely nearsighted. My dr told me that I have Lattice Degeneration. I think i spelled it right. I have floaters and flashes like lightening. From what I know this is a eye disease, and it can lead to retina detatchment. he told me what i had told him i was experiencing was warning signs of my retina developing a hole or tearing. it could cause me to become blind in the eye i have this in. you may want to go to another dr or ask your dr about your retina detaching. if you want to talk to me about it or ask me any question feel free to email me at acbonds01 at yahoo dot com. god bless ~*~*Amanda*~*~

Hi!

I was having the same problem with "floaters" as you...and I was also told there is nothing that can be done for them.

My problem has been better for about six months...and all I did was stop rubbing my eyes!! This seems way too simple I'm sure...but it has worked. I started noticing that I was rubbing my eyes quite a bit...and I decided to stop. Well, my "floaters" stopped too.

I hope that your situation can be cured as easily as mine. Good luck!!

Best wishes,

Pat

Floaters can be harmless or they can be a symptom of a serious condition. You should see an eye doctor. Do a google search for eye floaters. Any floaters that are accompanied by flashes of light could be serious.

TC, RN in MO

Floaters - you get used to. But I would like to address Amanda. Tearing or a hole in the retina can be corrected by a doctor that specializes in that area. I've have a retinal hole and I'm just fine now. Earlier detection the better however. You might try another doctor that specializes in such things to get a second opinion.

Thanks for all your replies, they have made me feel a bit better and know I'm not the only one. I have found a few websites and found out a bit more about them. I'm hoping they will go or I will get use to them.

I have had floaters for as long as I can remember. My eye doctor told me that as you get older they dissolve more quickly. Right now in one of my eyes I have one that is a huge black blob. I can usually ignore them but sometimes when this one gets in the way of trying to see something I have to look around it. But with time you seem to notice them less.

I also have had these floaters for over 32 years. I notice them more when I am tired. Mine look like pieces of fuzz floating. Just one more thing we learn to live with, I guess.

Hi, I have floaters in both eyes now and it is very annoying most of the time.It makes vision very stressful at times especially in the bright lites ect..

I belonged to a list on yahoo which had several suggestions and you might find the list helpful..

There is a surgrey for it but it might not be for everyone..

Shirley

Hi Shirley, thanks I did find a Yahoo group for floater sufferers which I joined and it is quite informative.

I have them occasionally but my eye dr. checked me and sent me to a specialist for something else and I asked him about it. they both said the same thing, it's not anything serious. he didn't tell me if there was anything to do about it he called it viscous something I think.

Let search some treatment in tradition medication with eye floaters there are many helpful research

I have been using Bilberry Tablets for my floater but its still there.

Hi There everyone; I have a prominent floater in my left eye it is like a jelly bean when I close my eyes; I had motion sickness for a while but am getting used to it. I do also have the flying flies a few and squigglies; I like them the are entertaining; I was at my retinal surgeon and he said that I will be all right but to go to my eye doctor too.

How are you all doing nice to meet you. How do you ignore them; I am starting to not let them bother me as much. Do you all see them when you close your eyes swimming around how do you deal with that? I hope everyone is okay; I do notice some of mine are diminishing some starting to. I am starting to get little relief off and on; not swimming as fast etc. This is a rough life to live. Any ideas? I tried the vitamins they did not work; it did seem like they were lightening up when I took them but still have them; also I took bilberry too.

Any suggestions on how not to let this depress me? I do think I have a flashlight in my eye at night that helps. It shines whatever light you are looking in; but what are my bubbles about? I see bubbles in my glasses; can floaters be bubbles; also do they go away or diminish eventually? Good luck to you all!

HI Everyone. This is Barbara. I am suffering too in one eye. I have a strong one and a few squigglies as I said before. I am trying a supplement that seems to be helping my eye be clean. I still have the floaters but the eye it self feels a lot better and i notice them less even in the laundromat a bright room. I was frightened by them but am starting not to be; the motion problem is still a problem but that is getting a little bit better.

I talked to a neighbor who had them and she got the motion problem too. If it helps; i hope everyone gets better. But try Chinese herbal remedies; it seems like rambling powder does seem to work and dandelion. Makes them lighter. It would be nice if they found a noninvasive cure. I see mine 24/7 do you all?

Hi: Thanks for the encouragement everyone; this is Barbara again. I do have a few floaters and starting to accept them finally; I think iIwas not accepting them and trying to avoid them making myself go nuts. I wish there was a cure for them i don't understand why the doctors don't want to do anything about this issue. It seems like mine are settling down a lot more have had them 12 months. I think they do get better with time. Let's hope; what is good for not getting dizzy with the visuals? Thanks

Dear All, Floaters can be cured completely with YOGA on regular basis and proper nutrient diet. I am having eye floaters in my right eye from last 6 months and my age is only 27 yrs old. when i see any thing 2-3 black spots and cloud like formation comes in the view which irritates me a lot. It moves as my eye ball moves. Doctor says that my eye is healthy after taking tests but there is no cure of floaters, the only thing is you have to bear it.

Now I am doing Yoga from last 2 months without a gap of single day and also taking Aavla and carrot and some aayurvedic medicines on regular basis. Now I am observing my eyes becoming healthy and my eye power also reduces and floaters are not increasing in number, and those already developed becoming less bothersome and becoming fade. I am now hoping within 2-3 months with regular in life with Yoga and nutrient food, I will be free from all floaters.

If you have any query feel free to contact on my mail id.. shikhar82 AT gmail.com

I had a floater in my right eye it so much better now I have been placing my hand over my eye as i pray and as I'm talkin to God and I tell him how I need my eyes to read my bible and to see I talk to him abt it and it has gotten better in a week less noticeable I see it every once in a while now and I also take a container and put warm water and salt mixed make salt water almost the same consistency of beach water little less salty and i put 2 or three drops in my eye {it burns} keep ur eyes closed for abt 15 seconds then open them and let them air dry do not rub them while saline is working let it work on its own do this in the morning and at night. it actually has helped my eye I even put it in the other eye just to keep it safe saline works miracles and i also get a hot wet rag not to hot and just close your eyes and press it against your eyes until it cools down and then put more hot water on rag an repeat abt 4 times i do this each day to help soften the buildup thats causing the floaters and drink enough water a day that also helps clear your body im tellin you in about a week you should see a big difference ~God Bless and I pray this works for you also

There is a surgery called a vitrectomy that can remove the floaters, a major complication is that you may develop a cataract, but if you have has cataract surgery, this could be right for you, contact a retinal surgeon.

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 27, 2005
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
baby
Pink Eye Remedies for Babies
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
🎄