Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Craft Uses For Belts

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Belt on White Background

Belts can be used in crafting rather than being discarded or donated. This is a guide about craft uses for belts.

Solutions: Craft Uses For Belts

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Chair Seats Made of Old Belts

Chair seat made of beltsMake a chair seat from old belts! I used as many leather belts as I got after my mom died a couple years ago and wove them onto where the seat was missing from this chair. I secured each end of the belt onto the wood with upholstery tacks.

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Craft Uses For Belts.

Question: Craft Uses for Old Belts

Chair Seat Made From Belts

Chair Seat Made From Belts

Chair

I was in a local second hand store and saw an awesome wood framed chair; they removed the old caning that formed the seat and weaved old belts onto the seat frame for a new seat. All the belt buckles were on the bottom so all you saw was the leather part of the belt. It really looked nice and it was very sturdy.

By Marn

Shoulder Straps for Purses

I've used them to make shoulder straps or purse handles for handmade bags. I also made one into a collar for my dog when his turned up missing.

By LadyLeonesse

Western Artwork

Find or make some flat wood picture frames and then cover them with cut-up belts that you have mitered the edges on. It makes for a nice western look frame.

By Kendy

Macramé

Borrow a book on macrame crafts from your local library. That's where I found macrame belts using the leftover belt hardware. Great way to recycle, and makes a good project for Boy Scouts to use their knot tying skills. The naturally formed "loops" in macrame belts hold carabiniere, flashlights, knives in knife-cases, compasses, etc.

By gidget

Post your ideas...