Craft Uses For Belts

Category Clothing
Belts can be used in crafting rather than being discarded or donated. This is a guide about craft uses for belts.

Leather Belt Bracelets

This is a guide about making leather belt bracelets. Make a unique bracelet using an old belt.

Chair seat made of belts

Old leather belts can be woven and attached to a chair frame to create a replacement seat. This is a guide about chair seats made of old belts.

How can I use my husband's leather belt?

By Richa

Use as your band when doing exercises.

Make a bag and use it for the strap; could be a purse, book bag, shopper; handles on a basket or tray. Wrap around a vase or planter.

Use as if were ribbon or fabric trim on curtains, pillows, furniture, frames.

Make a fashionable draft stopper for a door or window.

Cut it down to a pet collar.

Coil it onto a shadow box frame and hang it on the wall.

Chair Seat Made From Belts

Chair Seat Made From Belts

Chair

I was in a local second hand store and saw an awesome wood framed chair; they removed the old caning that formed the seat and weaved old belts onto the seat frame for a new seat. All the belt buckles were on the bottom so all you saw was the leather part of the belt. It really looked nice and it was very sturdy.

By Marn

Shoulder Straps for Purses

I've used them to make shoulder straps or purse handles for handmade bags. I also made one into a collar for my dog when his turned up missing.

By LadyLeonesse

Western Artwork

Find or make some flat wood picture frames and then cover them with cut-up belts that you have mitered the edges on. It makes for a nice western look frame.

By Kendy

Macramé

Borrow a book on macrame crafts from your local library. That's where I found macrame belts using the leftover belt hardware. Great way to recycle, and makes a good project for Boy Scouts to use their knot tying skills. The naturally formed "loops" in macrame belts hold carabiniere, flashlights, knives in knife-cases, compasses, etc.

By gidget

Post your ideas...