Wildlife: Ms. Sparklette (Raccoon)

My husband hand feeds this sweet raccoon, and has called it Sparky for a long time. I saw 'him' from the side, and noticed the equipment needed for a 'snack bar for babies'.

She is now Ms. Sparklette, and she absolutely loves corn tortillas and dog biscuits. She is so gentle taking the food out of my husband's hands. I always ask in the early evening if he's going to meet his 'girlfriend'.

By Maile

That is a sweet story! Love the picture of the raccoon! What a beautiful girl!

Aren't God's animals just adorable. I am so glad to know that there are other folks out here that help to feed God's animals as my family has done for nearly 40 years now.

I agree with Paula and Robyn. Just use care and your own best judgment when interacting with the little wild ones. We miss a lot by being overly cautious many times when just plain common sense is enough to allow us to help the animals and reap the joy of doing so.

The joy we derive out of helping them is more than enough compensation, but hopefully, the help we give them insures their survival for a little longer too. I would hope my great grandchildren get to see all these wonderful little creatures in their natural habitats rather than behind bars and in cages.

Thumbs Up.

My son raised three orphans and enjoyed them all. Probably wasn't legal and someone would report it now. They are characters for sure.

Raccoon Photos
Raccoon Photos
Photos WildlifeJune 20, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife