Raccoon Photos

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

raccoon dangling in a tree to sleep

Photo Description
Raccoons are nocturnal animals meaning they are active at night and sleep during the day. But where do raccoons sleep during the day? Well I got my answer the other day. I looked up into the tree above my back deck one morning and saw this raccoon lying on a limb. Its front and back legs were dangling over the limb and it was sound asleep. I quickly got my phone out to take a photo. It woke up and gave me a look. Once I took the photo, it went back to sleep. It stayed in the same place all day long. Once it started getting dark, it was gone. I hope it had a good night hunting because it sure had a restful day.

Photo Location
Carolina Beach State Park, NC

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

15 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

My husband hand feeds this sweet raccoon, and has called it Sparky for a long time. I saw 'him' from the side, and noticed the equipment needed for a 'snack bar for babies'.

Sparklette Raccoon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

This is not a pet, just a wandering visitor. I had made this little "Town Hall" for the squirrels to come and eat peanuts from, and one morning there was a raccoon up there helping himself to the buffet.

Raccoon at squirrel feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Mama raccoon and 4 baby raccoons living in the vicinity of the parking lot where I work. Mama brings her babies out almost daily to cross the parking lot and look for food.

Wildlife: Raccoons

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 63

Me and my friends were flying to our favorite feeding spot when we were accosted by a four legged masked bandit, we settled in a tree just watching, couldn't believe our eyes!

Comment Like this photo? 8

These are the wild raccoons that frequent our yard. This is the fourth generation of raccoons. They enjoy dipping in to our dog's food.

It has been a real treat watching them grow up, and grow old.

Raccoon on patio, digging in planter.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

We were lighting fireworks off on New Years eve and she (the raccoon) came running over to us and was so friendly and loving. She must had been someone's pet for her to be so friendly.

A Friendly Raccoon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Not really a pet but I do feed this little guy and 3 others a bit bigger than him every night. They show up starting at dusk to get "their" dog food!

A raccoon outside at night with glowing eyes.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

We were recently woken at dawn to our incessant barking. My husband, Jess and I ran out in our PJs and robes to discover this raccoon high up in our cherry tree.

A raccoon high up in a cherry tree. Photo by Lens Flare Photography

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Sam was probably around 3 months old. I'm not sure how old the chick was, it was one that we hatched.

Sam (Raccoon)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

While it is illegal in many areas to remove wildlife and keep it as a pet, raccoons seem to enter the world of pets in a variety of ways. Typically, they are found as orphan babies.

These mischievous, playful creatures are quite captivating. This is a page containing pet raccoon photos.

Young Raccoon being hand fed cheese.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A young raccoon came out to play in our backyard the other day. Posing for us up in the tree. Then he became cheeky and stuck out his tongue!

A young raccoon in a tree.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

We were near a stream in the nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park when we noticed this raccoon.

A raccoon dipping its hand in a pond.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

We encountered a baby raccoon with it's eye's closed still on our acreage peeking out of a hole in one of our trees.

A baby raccoon sleeping in a tree.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This raccoon mom and her kids visit at dark to eat my grapes.

Four raccoons on a deck railing at night.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More

Photos WildlifeJune 16, 2013
🎆
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Raccoon-Photos.html