Sneaky Raccoon in the Cherry Tree

Photo Description
It has been unseasonably hot in the Pacific NW recently. A couple of weeks ago, we left our back door open overnight, to let in the cool air and allow our dog to sleep outside. We were awoken at dawn by our dog's incessant barking. My husband, Jess, and I ran out in our PJs and robes to discover this raccoon high up in our cherry tree. Jess grabbed his camera while I put our dog Honey inside.

The raccoon mostly ignored us, except when Jess got a ladder for a closer look. Then the raccoon tried to pee on him, luckily missing. Jess was able to get this great shot. After all the ruckus, the raccoon found a more peaceful place to sleep the following night.

Photo Location
My backyard in Hillsboro, OR

Photo Credit: Jess StewartMaize, Lens Flare Photography in Hillsboro, Oregon

Photos WildlifeJune 23, 2015
🌻
🎂
📓