Sneaky Scrambled Eggs
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
September 13, 2015
My kids thought I was making them regular scrambled eggs for dinner. I decided to add a large yellow tomato and an entire half of a big yellow squash to them. I figured hey, it's all yellow... maybe they won't notice I'm trying to sneak in extra veggies. Cover it all with white cheddar and see what happens.
Do you know that all 4 kids gobbled these up, even asked for seconds, and never once commented or even noticed all the veggies? I kept peeking over at them during dinner, sure one of them would squeal out that I put squash in yet another meal, but they didn't!
Total Time: About 15-20 minutes prep
Yield: 6 servings, easily halved
- 18 eggs
- 1 large yellow tomato, sliced thin
- 1/2 large yellow crookneck squash, peeled, seeded and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup shredded white cheddar
- Slice your squash with a mandolin slicer. That way they will be thin, tender and hard to detect.
- Slice your tomato thin.
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper and milk well with a hand mixer.
- Add all of your ingredients except cheese, to a hot buttered pan and cook until set.
- Add cheese and let melt.
Read More Comments
September 13, 20150 found this helpful
What if you added hotter peppers and avocado or Butter nut I think the combo are endless. You are so clever to cook it with eggs. You should try when you are doing eggs Sunny side up or over easy. Saute some bell peppers and onions , When they begin to caramelize drop your eggs right on top, Let them cook till you like them flip or serve yummy!
Same idea as your kinda but instead of scrambled. Maybe try with bacon if they do not mind googy eggs yet?
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.