Wildlife: The Chickadees and the Raccoon

Me and my friends were flying to our favorite feeding spot when we were accosted by a four legged masked bandit, we settled in a tree just watching, couldn't believe our eyes! We couldn't believe what we were seeing!

He was a huge masked bandit, real scary looking too. We watched as he consumed our dinner. We were angry when all of a sudden we saw a flash coming from the window, we were shocked! Couldn't believe it!

That thief that was stealing from us was now posing for the camera! Not once but several times, looked to me like he was smiling too! My friends and I started chirping, loud now "get away, get away that's our food! We watched in horror as he ate every morsel of food on our tray!

Finally! The owner of the establishment came out ran that masked bandit away, she replenished our food tray, happily my friends and I flew down to eat.

After we had consumed all we could we flew away chirping What a day! What a day! What a day!

Signed,
One good looking Carolina Chickadee :)

PS: I removed that plate after that day, for masked bandits scare me, too. We don't want him hanging around our neck of the woods. One good meal is all he's getting from me. lol

By Jackie

Anonymous

What a very cute story you have spun! :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Sadly raccoons may carry rabies as well as other nasty conditions. Many times an animal who has rabies will appear normal looking, and not be aggressive. Here in new england rabies has killed a number of raccoons over the years. While it's one thing to feed the birds, other wildlife should be a no no. Here even feeding the birds in the spring may attract a bear! Just be aware of what's happening in your area to be safe.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Loved the way you told the tale from the viewpoint of the chickadee, ingenious!

Reply Like this photo? Yes